You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of XDforum.com    

XD Forum > General Discussion > General Firearm Forum > acog vs eotech vs aimpoint

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2012, 01:57 AM   #1
bmstylee

Liked 18 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Default acog vs eotech vs aimpoint

looking to add a better piece of optics to my ar15. not really sure on what i should top it off with. i am looking for a high quality piece of glass. optics are one of those things you get what you pay for. looking for suggestion and people's experiences with these.

They can try to take my black rifle. I will even throw in the ammunition at 3000 fps for no additional charge.

Old 12-27-2012, 03:23 AM   #2
bhale187
XD_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts

I've shot ACOGs but not owned my own. If you have the money for an ACOG, and you don't mind a magnification all the time, they are the way to go IMO.

I was a huge fan of Eotech for years, and I have owned over a half dozen models. Eotechs are great for what they do and are super solid, however............After buying an Aimpoint PRO (since they are as cheap as an Eotech now) I am now a convert for Aimpoints.

The Aimpoint has years of battery life compared to a couple days.
The Aimpoint has slightly clearer glass.
The Aimpoint is not as wide, especially at the base so it doesn't get in the way of bolt operation on some guns like the Eotech can.
The Aimpoint has no paralux, Eotechs says it has none, but at close range the dot will move around with your head.
The Aimpoint is plenty durable, just check out the Daniel Defense abuse tests with Larry Vickers, they run it over and even through it out of a helicopter, it still works.

Old 12-27-2012, 02:30 PM   #3
Robb

Liked 7 Times on 4 Posts

Never owned an Acog...would like to...

I have an eotech on my personal rifle [m-4 clone] and love it. I have had it keep zero even after taking the batteries out for five months. Battery life depends a lot on conditions weather/use/ect. but since my eotech is the 512 model I can get AA batts anywhere/anytime. I also like the dual reticle, dot for far away, cricle for up close and personal.

We run aimpoints on our department rifles and they have been very dependable and bhale is right the batts in the aimpoints can last many years if you treat it right. The dept rifles have been beat at times and not exactly treated as ones personal rifle would be.

If I had it to do all over again, I would probably go with the aimpoint as well. Back when I bought the Eotech Aimpoints were a couple of hundred bucks more!! It really is going to depend on what you are doing with the rifle and what you want.

Good luck!
Robb

Old 12-27-2012, 04:28 PM   #4
bmstylee

Liked 18 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 25

I did see them beat the crap out of the Aimpoint. And seeing the way it is made explained the price. I am starting to look. So it is up in the air now. Thanks for the input.

They can try to take my black rifle. I will even throw in the ammunition at 3000 fps for no additional charge.