You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of XDforum.com    

XD Forum > General Discussion > General Firearm Forum > Sturm Ruger Firearms Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2012, 12:52 AM   #1
SHOOTER13
FIREARM COLLECTOR
XD_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1316 Times on 952 Posts
Likes Given: 2129

Default Sturm Ruger Firearms Thread

This thread is dedicated to the firearms produced by Sturm Ruger...please post a picture and share your thoughts on firearms designed and produced by Bill Ruger.

================================================== ======

Here's my Ruger Bisley Vaquero ( 2005 Old Model-Blackhawk frame ) chambered in .357 magnum, constructed of a bright finish stainess steel with faux ivory Bisley shooting grips. Even with the magnum full power loads, she is a pleasure to shoot. I sold two other Rugers ( a Security Six and a P89DC...both of which came into my possession for two hundred a piece ) to buy this single action beauty for $450 back in 2005.

Old 10-18-2012, 09:30 PM   #2
threetango
XD_MODERATOR.png

Liked 2738 Times on 1850 Posts
Likes Given: 2067

Default Ruger LCP

My little Elsie Pea w/crimson trace.

NSDQ

There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.

Ernest Hemingway

Old 10-18-2012, 11:01 PM   #3
Pancho_Villa
XD_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 105 Times on 74 Posts
Likes Given: 88

O.K. Let's do some Rugahs!

From wawy back in 1977, my Super Blackhawk .44 mag. Gun is 7.5" blue with everything stock. No changes. You can handload these guns up to high pressures. Way more than my Smith 629. It's just kinda big to carry around alot.

Old 10-18-2012, 11:56 PM   #4
Pancho_Villa
XD_SUPPORTER.png

How about a short barreled .41 mag BlackHawk. I got this gun a couple of years after I got the Super BlkHK. The Super was just too much to carry around. The .41 has the lighter alloy receiver and ejector rod housing. It can also be handloaded really heavy with a 220 gr bullet. I was using 240 grs. in the Super. The gun was much easier to lug around in the field as a back up to a hunting rifle. Adjustable sights, stock grips. 6 rounds.

And in the 70s a Mod 29 S&W was near impossible to find afte the Dirty Harry movies. If ya found one, ya had to pay out the azz. So the .41 Ruger seemed to be the best alternative in a lighter and still powerful handgun in the south Texas brush.

Old 10-19-2012, 03:14 AM   #5
TALON
XD_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 37 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 19

LC9 with LaserMax.

USMC '69-'73
KIMBER STAINLESS TARGET II
SIG SAUER .45 ACP TACOPS
SIG SAUER .45 ACP Carry Nightmare
SIG SAUER P226 MK25
SPRINGFIELD ARMORY EMP
XD-S 4.0"

Old 10-19-2012, 01:50 PM   #6
Teddybear

Liked 140 Times on 87 Posts
Likes Given: 202

Here's one of my favorite Ruger's. An old model 30 Carbine

Pancho_Villa Likes This 
Old 10-20-2012, 11:51 PM   #7
Pancho_Villa
XD_SUPPORTER.png

More Rugers anyone? Here is a Police Service Six in .357. Fixed sights, blue, 2 3/4" barrel, 6 rounds,Hogue rubber grips. Great as a backup for a rifle while hunting. Great house gun too.

Old 10-21-2012, 04:15 AM   #8
SHOOTER13
FIREARM COLLECTOR
XD_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1316 Times on 952 Posts
Likes Given: 2129

Nice Ruger pics gentlemen...!!

Old 10-21-2012, 05:58 AM   #9
Pancho_Villa
XD_SUPPORTER.png

Gotta be some more Rugahs out there. For you .22 shooters out there. One of my staineless Ruger MKIIs. This one is @ 7" tapered bull target barrel with stock grips. Great shooter and still looks like new. Capacity is 10+1, SA only, adjustable sights, manual slide release with hold open on last shot, and has a bottom of the mag type mag release. Not much on the Ruger 22/45s. Didn't care for the poly frame. But that doesn't mean I wouldn't get one sometime in the future. It's still a Ruger, right?

Last edited by Pancho_Villa; 10-21-2012 at 06:18 AM.
SHOOTER13 Likes This 
Old 10-21-2012, 06:16 AM   #10
Pancho_Villa
XD_SUPPORTER.png

Or maybe one in blue flavor and quite a bit older, like 1977. It is another in @ 7' tapered bull target barrel. This however is a MKI with only 9+1 round capacity in .22 LR cal. It still has the mag release on the bottom of the mag or European style as some call it. MKIIs have the same. The newest MKIIIs have a thumb release now IIRC. This one only has a manual lock open, It does not lock open on the last shot like the MKIIs so there is no slide release lever. Gun is stock except for the grips maybe. Got original box and all paperwork with it. Only got this one in the last few months in a very fair swap, like I came out ahead. Traded one of those new fangled poly frame .22 autos for it that hardly ever ran right. The MKI feeds bulk pack Fed brand .22s like crap through a goose and it's way more accurate.