You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of XDforum.com    

XD Forum > General Discussion > Gunsmithing >

Powder River Precision Trigger for XD Mod 2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2017, 02:20 AM   #1
RevV

Liked 51 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 26

Default Powder River Precision Trigger for XD Mod 2

I had a Powder River Precision “Drop-In Trigger Kit” with “Oversized Sear Upgrade” installed in my XD Mod 2 Tactical (5 inch bbl.) 9 mm. The trigger kit was $125; the sear was $30, and the gunsmith charged me a very reasonable $50 for the installation. With the sear upgrade, PRP recommends having a professional gunsmith do the installation, so I dispensed with the idea of installing it myself.

Bottom line: It was $205 extremely well spent! XD triggers are pretty nice out of the box, but after shooting a friend’s M&P with an Apex trigger, I wanted to see what a trigger upgrade could do for an XD. Research convinced me that Powder River Precision makes the best trigger upgrades for the XD line.

It’s hard to describe a trigger in words, but here’s the best I can do. With the PRP upgrades, my XD trigger now feels much like a good 1911 trigger. I’m serious. The trigger has virtually no pre-travel/slack/up-take; it seems like about 2 mm of up-take. Then, there is a very slight “wall,” but nothing like it used to be. The trigger is very light, and the break is crisp. There is almost no over-travel, 2 mm at most. The trigger reset is audible and can be felt, but the reset point is just a couple mm from the trigger’s new point of origin. Because the distance to reset is so short and the pre-travel/take-up is so very minimal, it will take some practice to learn to shoot this gun from reset; however, because there is so very little pre-travel, there seems to be little reason to shoot from reset, rather than from the trigger’s point of origin. I am amazed at the amount of change from the already good SA factory trigger, and I am extremely pleased with my PRP upgrade!
People Like This 
Old 08-11-2017, 03:20 AM   #2
tazo2503
XD_MODERATOR.png

Liked 944 Times on 727 Posts
Likes Given: 1826

Good review Rev!
Old 08-18-2017, 03:30 AM   #3
RevV

Thanks, Tazo.
I am very impressed with PRP.

Old 08-20-2017, 04:20 PM   #4
shaner

Liked 105 Times on 82 Posts
Likes Given: 30

glad it workd out for you , ive seriously been thinking of add this kit to on of my tactical models , thanks for the nice review

Old 08-21-2017, 12:20 AM   #5
RevV

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaner View Post
glad it workd out for you , ive seriously been thinking of add this kit to on of my tactical models , thanks for the nice review
You're very welcome; happy to help.

Old 08-21-2017, 11:36 AM   #6
Raven03SVT
XD_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Thanks RevV, glad to hear this first hand. I had been looking into trigger kits but haven't researched too deep into the webs to find one directly related to the Mod 2's. Good review!

Old Yesterday, 12:10 AM   #7
RevV

Thanks, Raven. I did do a good a bit of research before choosing PRP, and I am very happy with the results.
Raven03SVT Likes This 

Tags
powder river, prp, xd trigger upgrade