XD Forum > General Discussion > Second Amendment & Legal > ? for everyone

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2012, 11:50 AM   #1
911JB

Liked 351 Times on 200 Posts
Likes Given: 331

Default ? for everyone

I have a question for everyone. Have you ever ben on the wrong end of a weapon, yes or no? I ask because I want to see if this is the point that pushes a person to be either Pro or anti. I have asked this question at the brady bunches site also, I am asking
it here so I can compare answers as well as attitudes. I will start. Yes I have. I have ben shot as well as lost a little brother to a firearm. I am pro 2A. Next.

JB

Last edited by 911JB; 12-09-2012 at 01:43 PM.
opaww Likes This 
Old 12-09-2012, 11:54 AM   #2
opaww
Banned

Liked 92 Times on 57 Posts
Likes Given: 94

Yes I have been on the wrong end of guns and shot at as well, I am very pro-gun but I always have been

Old 12-09-2012, 12:13 PM   #3
911JB

Thanks for breaking the ice opaww.

JB

Old 12-09-2012, 03:30 PM   #4
chuckusaret

Liked 164 Times on 119 Posts
Likes Given: 41

Yes, been on the wrong end and the right end both as a civilian and in combat. Very pro gun as is my entire family, myself, wife and four kids all have Florida CWFL's.

US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
— Abraham Lincoln

911JB Likes This 
Old 12-09-2012, 03:44 PM   #5
JimA

Liked 70 Times on 48 Posts
Likes Given: 26

My dad and I had a deranged old man shoot at us when I was about 17.

We were deer hunting, walking down an old woods road to a favorite spot, when this guy from a cabin started screaming and swearing at us. He had a rifle and started shooting towards us. We dove off the road into a depression. My dad knew the old lady that lived there and she came out and tried to make him come back inside. He shoved her down and kept yelling at us.
That's the only time in my life I ever looked at a mans chest through a scope. I felt bad afterwards, but didn't know at the time what he would do to the woman.
We went through the woods back to the car where my dad radioed the sheriff's department for help. My dad was a deputy. They sent some people in uniform over to find up what was going on.
Turns out he was the lady's brother and had a history of mental problems and violence. He was taken in for evaluation and later commited.

I have been around guns and hunting all my life. I hope to never have to point a weapon at another person again, but I am prepared to if necessary.
A gun is a tool and maybe the most important one you can own.

Jim

Don't blame me - I voted for the American.

911JB Likes This 
Old 12-09-2012, 03:52 PM   #6
911JB

Thanks for the responses guys, I can honestly say that the pro gun people are much nicer to talk to than the anti. I say that because I have already ben blocked from posting and my questions and comments have all ben pulled from the brady bunches facebook page. I will say though that the comment that did me in was when I said that I would like to see all legal citizens armed. The response to that was that it was, now get this, Un American to arm all legal citizens. WOW!!

JB

Old 12-09-2012, 04:30 PM   #7
threetango
XD_MODERATOR.png

Liked 2541 Times on 1728 Posts
Likes Given: 1938

First let me say I've been pro guns since I was 12 years old and it doesn't have anything to do with being shot at or shooting back. My stance has never changed but a short answer, been shot twice (two different occasions with an AK47) and there are not enough fingers and toes to count the men (and women) I've shot in the line of duty. (not bragging or proud at all (well, maybe 1 shot I made during TET68), just fact). Keep in mind I served in 3 wars in combat arms and to this day have an affinity for guns.

NSDQ

There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.

Ernest Hemingway

911JB Likes This 
Old 12-11-2012, 04:04 AM   #8
jayson

Liked 55 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 63

First I would like to say Thank you very much to all the troops who get shot at for a "living" pun intended !!!

I never been on the wrong end but have been in BAD situations where there were guns around.

I lost my BEST friend to a self inflicted gun shot to the head. It was the tool he used, could have been a car, bridge, rope or whatever he was going to do it.

Im very pro gun and have been my whole life. My grandfather owned a hunting/fishing/gun store. Never really knew there was such hard core ANTI gunners out there until the last few years.

Old 12-11-2012, 05:38 AM   #9
SeventiesWreckers
Load Bearing Wall

Liked 76 Times on 48 Posts
Likes Given: 88

Yeah, been shot at with lots of different weapons. Hit a couple of times too, nothing game ending, just had my M16-A1 blown apart by a AK round, and a couple of other minor dings. Shot at by striking teamsters out on Washington Blvd in L.A trying to get in the gate, in tow with one of their own power units. Blew both windshield sides out of my K.W. wrecker. Then there was the Hood, got shot at regularly down there, trucks were always getting patched.

I was 14 in 1968 when the first National Firearms act was passed. Before that there really wasn't a Pro Gun, or Anti Gun debate. You either owned them, or you didn't. And most people did. If they didn't own guns, they didn't consider it any of their business if others did. Of course I became "Pro Gun" when everybody chose up sides, but before that it was like "What Problem".

Getting shot at, or shot from time to time never phased me. It's a dangerous world, goes with the territory. Just part of life if your out there living it.

Old 12-19-2012, 07:11 AM   #10
artbrownsr

Liked 207 Times on 156 Posts
Likes Given: 257

I'm like Jayson, never had one pointed at me but worked night watchman and security in rough situations without a firearm ( I was allowed a hunting knife ( exposed ) and / or a club ( pick handle sawn to length wrist to ankle cross hatched on the grip). have been pro gun all my life.

You have to LIVE, DIE, and PAY TAXES, and pay for what you do between your LIVING and your DYING!