XD Forum > General Discussion > Law Enforcement & Military > I am the police !!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2012, 04:51 AM   #1
glock26USMC
Administrator
XD_ADMIN.png

Liked 655 Times on 495 Posts
Likes Given: 398

Default I am the police !!

I am the police. And I am here to arrest you.*You have broken the law. I did not write the law. I may even disagree with the law. But I will enforce it.

*I will act professionally and treat you with respect. I also expect to be treated with respect. I will not insult you. I will not brutalize you. I will only use the force necessary to stop you.*

I will do whatever it takes to place you in custody. I am prepared to deprive you of your freedom and if necessary your life.

I will not hesitate to kill you if you endanger my life or the lives of others.*If you run away I will chase you. If you fight me I will fight back. If you shoot at me I will shoot back.*

You are in this situation because something has gone wrong with your life. Most likely this moment has been a long time coming. As it is unlikely this moment may be an anomaly in an otherwise decent and law abiding life.

*I understand that factors in your life have created easy justification for your actions. Poverty, lack of education, drug abuse, emotional and physical abuse may have conspired to rob you of the ability to obey the law. But many other people have endured and transcended much worse circumstances that the ones which have shaped your life. Yet you have made bad decisions.

You are responsible for your behavior.*Your actions have made you my responsibility. No matter how you plead, cajole, beg or attempt to stir my sympathies nothing you do will stop me from placing you in a steel cage with grey bars.

By law I am unable to walk away.*I am a consequence. I am the unpaid bill. I am fate with a badge and a gun.

Behind my badge is a heart like yours. I bleed, I think, I love. And yes, I can be killed.

*And although I am but one man, I have thousands of brothers and sisters who are the same as me. They will lay down their lives for me and I them.

If you succeed in stopping me, you will not succeed in stopping them. We stand watch together, a thin blue line, protecting the prey from the predators. The good from the bad.*

We are the police.