XD Forum > XD Forums > XD Forum > I'm just curious

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2013, 09:26 PM   #1
zeusGT

Liked 22 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Default I'm just curious

Why are the Springfield Armory XDM's so much more expensive than the Glocks. I'm not trying to start any type of war or anything, but I am curious if they are both if not close to the same reliability, materials and feel, then why would one be so much more expensive than the other?

Old 02-06-2013, 09:34 PM   #2
RibEye
Steak Medium Rare
XD_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 371 Times on 265 Posts
Likes Given: 934

* possibly due to the high demand at the moment ??

Old 02-06-2013, 09:39 PM   #3
SHOOTER13
FIREARM COLLECTOR
XD_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1246 Times on 912 Posts
Likes Given: 2047

Manufacturing costs.....

Old 02-06-2013, 09:41 PM   #4
RibEye
Steak Medium Rare
XD_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 371 Times on 265 Posts
Likes Given: 934

what he said

Old 02-06-2013, 09:49 PM   #5
threetango
XD_MODERATOR.png

Liked 2533 Times on 1722 Posts
Likes Given: 1927

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeusGT View Post
Why are the Springfield Armory XDM's so much more expensive than the Glocks. I'm not trying to start any type of war or anything, but I am curious if they are both if not close to the same reliability, materials and feel, then why would one be so much more expensive than the other?
Who says there the same in reliability materials and feel.
I have 2 Glocks and prefer the Springers overall 2-1 for just the reasons you stated.

JMO

NSDQ

There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.

Ernest Hemingway

Old 02-06-2013, 10:17 PM   #6
wmruss

Liked 46 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 1

If Im correct the M version of the xd hasnt been on the market all that long so Im sure that has something to do with it,,plus as mentioned,,DEMAND allows it some. I love and will always and only buy SA-XDs other than my Beretta I use for plinking.

Old 02-07-2013, 01:44 AM   #7
zeusGT

I own three Glocks and I have a special place in my heart for them. Now, with that being said, I have another spot in my heart (albeit a little bigger and growing) for the XDM's. My gosh I love the feel, look and options that you have from Springfield Armory. I LOVE the 3.3 XDs 45 single stacker!! Oh my gosh!!!!

I'm already lusting after the XDM 4.5 .40 S&W that was sitting next to the XDM 9mm that I bought Saturday. I cannot get over how gorgeous the Bi Tone Olive and Stainless steel looks! Oh my Gosh.

Like I said, I'm growing a huge spot in my heart for the Springfield Armory XDM's & XDs. I'm more than certain that I will be buying the other XDM next week and I'm still waiting on my XDM 4.5 .45ACP to come in.

I thought I got bit by the Glock bug, but it looks like I'm bit pretty hard by the XDM bug.

Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 02-08-2013, 01:09 PM   #8
yogiboobooranger

Liked 79 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Make no mistake, I am a Glock fan BUT!! I owned SA XD handguns long before I got into Glock. I like the XD handguns and most recently purchased an XDm 3.8 .45acp. Prior to that, I bought the XD-S. With those purchases, I have put the Glocks away, desiring the feel and quality of the SA XD handguns. The XD-S put me over the edge as it is the best in size, power, and shootability for any pocketable handgun. And the XDm is a very nice shooter and conceal carry gun. The prices of the XDm guns reflect the quality of them as well. You get so much more for your money. Just open the case of a Glock and a XDm. , and see the difference. I will always have a Glock or two but now primarily carry the SA XD's.

Old 02-08-2013, 08:31 PM   #9
Yooper

Liked 54 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I was going to say the XD is a superior gun, however I guess that has already been established.

Aim Small Miss Small!

Old 02-08-2013, 09:02 PM   #10
zeusGT

I agree with you 100%. I was doing exactly what you suggested and I pulled out my Glock 31 and compared it to the XDM 9mm. Box to box, the options that you receive were out weighed by the XDM. You get a gun holster (great holster for beginners and range), two magazines, magazine loader, magazine holster, lock, extra grip backs and cleaning rod. With the Glock you get a magazine loader, two magazines, lock and cleaning rod. I suppose with the extra options you are saving money by going with the XDM in favor of the options that come with it. If you went out and purchased all the other options for the Glock (albeit I'm sure you would purchase a little bit better holster), I'm sure it would come out to be more than the XDM.

Honestly, it doesn't matter to me. The Glock feels great in my hands and so does the XDM. I love the aftermarket options that you have with the Glock, but I love the craftsmanship of the SA XDM. Both are excellent choices and you can't go wrong either way.