Hillwig Universal Site Pusher Giveaway - Winner Drawn

XD Forum > XD Forums > Holsters and Cases > Trouble finding a nylon holster that fits my XDM 3.8 in .45

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2012, 05:16 AM   #1
jlfoshee
XDM 3.8 .45

Likes Given: 9

Default Trouble finding a nylon holster that fits my XDM 3.8 in .45

I just bought a new XDM 3.8 compact in .45ACP, and am looking for a nylon holster just for casual use. Uncle Mike's 'style' I guess. But after trying several, I'm having trouble finding one that will fit over the trigger guard. With the 3.8" model the muzzle fits only up to the trigger guard, leaving the gun very high in the holster. Most that I've tried don't even have a strap & thumb break long enough to snap... Much less hold it securely.

Has anyone else run into this? And does anyone have a suggestion, or know of a holster that accommodates the trigger guard?

It's also a problem finding a rig with a forward mag pocket large enough to accommodate the XDM's wide .45 mags.

Thanks. I'm new to the forum as well, but its been a real wealth of information!

Old 12-25-2012, 10:37 AM   #2
quadrill

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I just purchased a soft holster for my 45. 4" It's soft armor dont have the wed site as i purchaced it from a local dealer. Company phone # 1-800-346-4545, Ballistic nylon, Metal clip ambidexterious (IWB-OWB).

Old 12-25-2012, 01:32 PM   #3
jayson

Liked 55 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 63

I have the 3.8 compact in 9mm. its about 1/4 in shorter then yours and The only one I have found that I like is Akar.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TUCK-TUCKABLE-HOLSTER-4-SPRINGFIELD-XDM-3-8-COMPACT-/190540320482?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c5d16 8ee2

It does not have a mag pouch on it tho. I like it, VERY secure and comfortable. played catch/football with the kids, worked on cars, yard work and even wear it to work and never had a issue. its even "tuckable"

I have one for my .45 too lol For the price they are good quality.

IF you want I can post a pic of mine to see IF you like it?? just let me know

Old 12-26-2012, 02:03 AM   #4
jlfoshee
XDM 3.8 .45

Thanks for the help, guys. I've had a bear of a time finding a holster. Maybe because the .45 is a bit wider also. Dunno, but I'll give both a try.

Thanks again.

Old 12-28-2012, 12:18 AM   #5
wmruss

Liked 45 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I found it very easy to make my own,,,wasnt bad at all. If you are handy at all it can be quite a fun little project.Google is AWESOME

Old 01-19-2013, 04:38 AM   #6
jlfoshee
XDM 3.8 .45

Thanks, wmruss. Sorry it took me awhile to respond. Tech issues. I've thought about trying to perhaps make one. But honestly, the last time I tried to actually sew something... I ended up getting 'sewn' up myself. LOL Thanks again for the help!

Old 01-27-2013, 08:24 PM   #7
threetango
XD_MODERATOR.png

Liked 2068 Times on 1398 Posts
Likes Given: 1582

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlfoshee View Post
Thanks, wmruss. Sorry it took me awhile to respond. Tech issues. I've thought about trying to perhaps make one. But honestly, the last time I tried to actually sew something... I ended up getting 'sewn' up myself. LOL Thanks again for the help!

Did you ever find a holster to suit you ?

NSDQ
The mission and my precious cargo are my concern. I will never surrender. I will never leave a fallen comrade to fall into the hands of the enemy and under no circumstances will I ever embarrass my country

Old 01-28-2013, 12:53 AM   #8
wmruss

Liked 45 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Hey jlf,,,no worries,,and most local shoe repair places will sew for you. I enjoy making my own and I like em alot

Old 02-02-2013, 02:22 AM   #9
97thSignalman

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

Default Bianchi Accumold

I am a big fan of Bianchi Accumold holsters. I have ordered a snap-on that should fit my XD 45 service model (4" barrel). If it does, the XDM 3.8 should be good fit as well. I will have it next week and I will try to let you know. However, I am having a total knee replacement in two days so it may be a number of weeks before I can get down the stairs to my basement gun & fun room to check out the fit on this hoster,

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/326219/bianchi-4584-evader-belt-holster-right-hand-springfield-xd-9mm-luger-40-s-and-w-nylon-black

Old 02-02-2013, 11:08 PM   #10
threetango
XD_MODERATOR.png

Liked 2068 Times on 1398 Posts
Likes Given: 1582

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97thSignalman View Post
I am a big fan of Bianchi Accumold holsters. I have ordered a snap-on that should fit my XD 45 service model (4" barrel). If it does, the XDM 3.8 should be good fit as well. I will have it next week and I will try to let you know. However, I am having a total knee replacement in two days so it may be a number of weeks before I can get down the stairs to my basement gun & fun room to check out the fit on this hoster,

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/326219/bianchi-4584-evader-belt-holster-right-hand-springfield-xd-9mm-luger-40-s-and-w-nylon-black
Good luck with the replacement.

NSDQ
The mission and my precious cargo are my concern. I will never surrender. I will never leave a fallen comrade to fall into the hands of the enemy and under no circumstances will I ever embarrass my country

Tags
holsters, xdm 3.8 .45