12 year old Oklahoma girl shoots intruder

Discussion in 'Second Amendment & Legal' started by Teddybear, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Teddybear

Teddybear New Member

I don't know about ya'll, but I love a happy ending!

DURANT, Okla. – Authorities say a 12-year-old girl shot and wounded a man who kicked in the back door of her home.
    Oklahoma City television station KWTV reports the incident happened Wednesday in Bryan County. The girl told police that a stranger rang the doorbell, then went around to the back door and kicked it in.
    Police say the girl called her mother, who told her to get the family's gun, hide in a closet and call 911. Authorities say the man came into the room where she was hiding and tried to open the closet door.
    Bryan County Undersheriff Ken Golden says the girl opened fire when the man turned the doorknob.
    Police say the suspect was taken to a hospital but has since been extradited to the Bryan County jail.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/10/1...pected-burglar/?test=latestnews#ixzz29lKbhWBZ

2. JohnnyB

JohnnyB New Member

I see her parents have taught her well. Having said that, I am sure this is an emotional trauma for her but I am sure it is far less than had she been unarmed and this guy rape or worst killed her.

3. xd9gunner

xd9gunner New Member

You have a great country down there. In canada it would play like this;

the girl would go for counselling, after the abuse her parents allowed her to suffer touching and shooting a gun

her father/mother would be charged with unsafe storage, loose all their firearms and the right to posses them, and probably get some sort of harassment from Children s aid, possibly loosing custody of their child for not providing a good home

the felon would get free health care, and probably sue because of mental trauma from being shot while engaged in his line of work

makes me puke, sooner or later i will find work in the states and get out of here

4. chuckusaret

chuckusaret Member

Just glad she had the courage and training to pull the trigger.

5. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Amen...not everyone can in that kind of situation !

6. Balota

Balota Sometimes lucky! Supporter

It is also far less trauma than if she had killed the guy. There is a strong temptation to express the macho opinion, "She shoulda killed the SOB." But consider that she would have had to live with a label that is difficult for trained adults to overcome. Just my opinion, but I think the outcome was about as good as it could be (short of BG stays home.)

7. Balota

Balota Sometimes lucky! Supporter

A sad state of affairs when a government can systematically punish people for defending themselves effectively.