20 Gauge Recommendations

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by TxShooter, Oct 21, 2012.

1. TxShooter

TxShooter New Member

I am looking for a pump action 20 gauge. Have no experience with that gauge so looking for all advice on brand/model.

2. jayson

jayson New Member

Rem 870 hands down !!! It my next gun to buy. Been on my list since I held it. they run about 340 round here for the tactical model.

3. Teddybear

Teddybear New Member

Remington 870 Express. It has a plain stock, black mat finish, choke tubes. Just a plain Jane working gun.

4. 911JB

911JB New Member

Save yourself about $100 and go with the mossberg 500. Just as accurate as a Rem but much less expensive. Yes the forearms are a little looser and yes the receiver is aluminum, but that does not effect the performance or durability. Only real difference between the mossy and the rem is safety location. 500's have a thumb safety, which is nice because it is right in front of your eyes. But if you prefer a finger safety go with a maverick 88. It is the same gun as the 500 [made by mossberg] but has a safety on the trigger guard.

I posted this pic it the mossberg thread but will add it here also.

125 yards on the move. One shot one kill.

[​IMG]

Took the top of the heart off.

[​IMG]

5. shaner

shaner Active Member

i have to put the mossberg ahead but would never not say a 870, also. money wise its mossberg,