7 rd Game

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by threetango, Oct 17, 2012.

1. threetango

threetango Moderator Staff Member Moderator

15 feet and 7 rds to kill the bad guy. If you kill the bad guy with 2 the other 5 can rid you of hostages. :D
    J/K my wife thought this up for me and my target while we were shooting the other day as she was shooting her Sig P238 and I had the XDm 45.
    Good practice anyway.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 17, 2012
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

3. threetango

Thanks for the assist Shooter, I'm getting old. :cool:

4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Not a problem...glad to help !

5. Teddybear

Teddybear New Member

Sounds like fun, unless your the hostage :D

6. shaner

shaner Active Member

all fun when throwin lead!!

7. tacwash

tacwash New Member

Range day is always a great day. Glad your wife is into it too.

8. Teddybear

Teddybear New Member

I'm with ya tacwash, a bad day at the range is better than a good day at work. :D

9. Coyotenator

Coyotenator New Member

After my buddy got back from Iraq , we used to take scrap plywood and cut out stand-up targets like that, except we tied turbans around the bad guys heads.We would go out to a canyon in the desert by 29 Palms and do hostage rescue and room clearing exercises with them, it was a hoot.

10. tacwash

tacwash New Member

@coyotenator - A hoot indeed. My wife would love that. She is the head shot expert in the home. She makes me draw targets for her on computer paper where the bad guys have turbans. LOL.

11. threetango

That's what I'm talking about.:D
    My wife was a military customs agent and still keeps her hand in on shooting. Here with her Elsie Pea.

[​IMG]

12. Coyotenator

Coyotenator New Member

One of my Great-nephews is the "head shot" king at my range.He is only 15 and usually mops the floor with me when we are shooting pistols.

I mostly train for carry scenarios now, but I think I will make up some hostage targets just for kicks and giggles.

13. threetango

Yep, those are some fun type targets.
    Just don't use the Taurus Judge for those situations like my right target. :D

[​IMG]

14. tacwash

tacwash New Member

About practice ammo for Range Day.

At one time I bought some steel casing stuff made in Russia. Cheap. Had a terrible JAM. Don't do that anymore.
    I took my Bro In Law down to Cabela's last month when I had to return some electronic ear muffs that broke on me on a cold day at an outdoor range.
    I tried to put them on too quick out of the trunk of the car after driving for a while in freezing weather. SNAP. Cabela's replaced them with no hassle.
    While we were there, we decided to pick up some ammo for our next Range Day. The only thing we could find on the shelf was some Herter's aluminum casing ammo. It was only about 11 bucks per box of 50 so we each decided to TRY it.
    I am happy to report that at our last Range Day, we burned all 100 rounds with no malfunctions what so ever. I will be getting some more of these rounds for Range Day Fun. Interesting side note. The bullets have some sort of Teflon coating. One of the targets we used was an old black target that shows your hit with a yellow hole. We noticed that the new ammo made a lot smaller hole than the old brass Federal rounds we used last time.