A Concerned Citizens Letter To Congress...

Discussion in 'Second Amendment & Legal' started by SHOOTER13, Jan 5, 2013.

1. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Remember that powerful sheet of paper called the United States Constitution...that this great country of ours was founded on...the one YOU swore to uphold !?

Remember the subsequent amendments called the Bill of Rights !?

Originally there were just ten of them...the 1st protecting our freedom of speech...the one that allows us to question the government WE THE PEOPLE elected...the same people YOU serve...

Let's look at the 2nd Amendment...

As passed by the Congress in Pennsylvania December 15, 1791.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

MORE GUN LAWS WILL NOT PREVENT TRAGEDIES LIKE THE MASS SHOOTINGS IN THE NEWS RECENTLY...BUT ONE LEGALLY ARMED AND VIGILANT CITIZEN COULD HAVE PREVENTED ALL OF THEM.

DON'T PASS MORE FEEL GOOD LEGISLATION AS IT DOES NOTHING TO PREVENT CRIME, IT ONLY SERVES TO DISARM THE GOOD CITIZENS OF THIS NATION AND LEAVES THEM AT THE MERCY OF MENTALLY ILL PEOPLE WHO WOULD DO THEM HARM.

Sincerely,

A CONCERNED U.S. CITIZEN...
    VOTER...
    TAXPAYER...
    LOYAL AMERICAN...
    FAMILY MAN...
    & LEGALLY ARMED CITIZEN

Your message was sent to:

[​IMG]
    President Barack Obama (D)
    Senator Bob Casey (D-PA)
    Senator Patrick J. Toomey (R-PA)
    Representative Allyson Y. Schwartz (D-PA 13th)

=========================

Copy & Paste my letter if you like, or compose your own...but do it NOW...before it is too late !!

http://www.congress.org/congressorg/mail/?alertid=61046526&type=ML

=========================

2. glock26USMC

glock26USMC New Member Supporter

Thanks shooter, I am sending mine out !

3. SHOOTER13

Thanks Marine !!

4. chuckusaret

chuckusaret Member

Shooter13 please to inform us if you receive a reply. The parasites that represent my districts must be believe it is below them to provide a reply other than a form letter "answer all" type e-mail from some but not all. Col Allen West being the exception while he was in office.

5. SHOOTER13

I received a form letter immediately from the office of Senator Patrick Toomey...the only Republican who serves my district !

His reply follows:

Dear SHOOTER,

Thank you for contacting my office. I appreciate your taking the time to share your thoughts about current issues. Please be assured that constituent correspondence will receive a reply in the near future.

Sincerely,

[​IMG]

6. glock26USMC

Your message was sent to:*
    President Barack Obama (D)
    Senator Rob Portman (R-OH)
    Representative Marcy Kaptur (D-OH 9th)*

7. glock26USMC

Received email from Senator Sherrod Brown

Thank you for sending me your comments. *Listening to the views of the people I represent in the U.S. Senate is a critical part of my job. *I do my best to provide every Ohioan with a prompt response. *If you have an urgent matter, please feel free to call any of my offices in Ohio or Washington, DC.

8. threetango

threetango Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Mine was sent this morning.

9. jayson

jayson New Member

Dear Jason,
    Thank you for contacting me about our Second Amendment rights. It is good to hear from you.

I am a gun owner who believes in the right to bear arms in defense of self, family and property. During my 12 years serving in Congress, I received an "A" rating from the National Rifle Association for defending our Constitutional Rights. I opposed the so-called "assault weapons ban" and opposed the Brady Bill. I supported repealing both the Clinton gun ban and the Washington, D.C. gun ban. I voted to protect the private information of gun owners; to protect state gun laws; and to protect firearm and ammunition manufacturers, dealers or importers from lawsuits and damages related to criminal misuse by a third party.

As a life-long hunter, I also believe the rights and freedoms of hunters must be guarded and I developed an executive order that the president signed to enhance hunting and fishing opportunities at wildlife refuges and national preserves. As your Senator, I will continue to protect our Constitutional freedoms and will be a strong advocate for preserving these rights and traditions for future generations.

Thank you for taking the time to contact my office. For more information, I encourage you to visit my website at www.portman.senate.gov. Please keep in touch.

Sincerely, Rob Portman
    U.S. Senator
    [​IMG]

10. jayson

jayson New Member

FYI.....mine was sent a few days ago, so expect a few day turn around if not longer as more of us mob him with email lol

11. SHOOTER13

Good job jayson....looks like Senator Portman is on OUR side !!

12. Yooper

Yooper Junior Member

I have sent many letters yo my senators and representatives. FYI in Michigan Senator Levin replied that he was a strong supporter of th UN small arms treaty, Senator Stabinow said she would defend our gun rights, Representative Beneshek protects our rights.

13. chuckusaret

chuckusaret Member

I am glad there is one other representative that takes the time to provide something other then a "Answer All" form letter written by some staff assistant. Over the years I have sent hundreds of e-mails/letters to my state and federal representatives and 99% of the replies were with a answer all form letter. The one exception was Col. Allen West who addressed all of my concerns and followed up by a staff member a week or so later by telephone. Sorry to say Mr. West was not re elected.

14. SHOOTER13

I've seen Colonel West on Fox News and other shows...a well spoken gentlemen !!

15. chuckusaret

chuckusaret Member

He was not defeated by his opponent, but by the DNC and the left wing controlled news media.

16. SHOOTER13

Reply from Senator Toomey ( PA-R )

Dear SHOOTER,
    Thank you for contacting me about the killings in Newtown, CT. I appreciate hearing from you.

Like all Americans, I was horrified and sickened to learn about the mass murder in Newtown, CT on December 14, 2012. As you know, Adam Lanza murdered 26 people that day, including educators and young children at Sandy Hook Elementary School and his mother at her house, before committing suicide. My thoughts and prayers are with the victims and the families who were affected.

In response, we need to come together as a nation, carefully reflect on what happened, and have a thoughtful dialogue on how we can improve public safety and protect our children. Of note, this atrocity in Newtown was the direct result of serious mental illness - something we have consistently observed in other mass killings over the years. We therefore need to better protect ourselves from mentally ill individuals who seek to carry out such atrocities. We also need to review and improve how we take care of the mentally ill. I therefore value your input on this issue and look forward to Congress debating which policies should be implemented to improve public safety.

Thank you again for your correspondence. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future if I can be of assistance.

Sincerely,

[​IMG]
    Pat Toomey

Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
  17. SHOOTER13

Rep. Allyson Y. Schwartz ( PA-D )

What are your thoughts?

Dear Friend,

As we start a new year in the 113th Congress, I wanted to let you know that I am honored to continue representing the 13th Congressional District. I am also proud to now be the longest serving female Member from Pennsylvania's delegation.

With the swearing in of the 113th Congress earlier this month, many of you have contacted me regarding the new Congressional District borders, you can find your Representative in Congress by zip code or explore the interactive map below.

Over the past year, I have heard from tens of thousands of you on the many issues we're facing. I am committed to ensuring we grow our economy, strengthen our middle class, and meet our obligations to our seniors, our children and our future. It remains my top priority to stay in touch with you to hear your thoughts as we debate the issues facing our nation. Please email meto let me know what your priorities are this year.

I also wanted to make you aware that my Philadelphia office has recently moved and is now located in the Rhawnhurst section of Philadelphia: 7712 Castor Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19152. Please feel free to stop by or contact me if I can help.

Sincerely,
    [​IMG]

Allyson Y. Schwartz
    Member of Congress

P.S. - Did you happen to see there are a record amount of womenserving in the 113th Congress?

18. SHOOTER13

^^^ Notice this is a form letter and makes no reference about the subject matter ...

Guess I just visit her office next time I go to Philly...( maybe open carry too !! ;) )

Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
  19. jayson

jayson New Member

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Dear Jason,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the tragic shooting in Newtown, Connecticut.

My thoughts and prayers are with the victims, their families, and loved ones grieving in the wake of this merciless and random act of violence. No words can describe our horror at the murder of these innocent children and their educators, just as words fail to express our gratitude for the heroism of those teachers and law enforcement officers who responded in the morning hours of December 14, 2012. The school shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary demands that we engage in a serious national discussion about gun violence, not just in terms of weapons and bullets, but also including mental health access, public safety officers, and our responsibility both as individuals and a society. We can and must act to make such tragedies less likely in the future.

This is a complex issue and we must work together to uphold our Constitution while at the same time ensuring that our communities are safe. When our children and families are no longer safe at our schools, in our malls, and in our movie theaters, then we as a country must take action.

Many Ohioans have already written in with comments, suggestions, and concerns. I will continue to pay close attention to each of your letters, calls, and emails, and on behalf of all Ohioans, I offer my continued prayers and condolences to the Newtown community. Thank you again for writing.

Sincerely,

Sherrod Brown
    United States Senator
    [/FONT]

20. jayson

jayson New Member

he did sound like it but guess not !!! I herd this today.....

Senator Rob Portman told reporters that he is open to gun restrictions, including a ban on “assault weapons.”

“I think we ought to consider all of these...” he exclaimed.