Active Duty Military and Injured Veterans

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by Shooter, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member

If you are active an active duty serviceman or woman or an Injured Veteran please send me a private message to claim your free premium membership and XDForum.com Decal.

2. CallMaker

CallMaker Guest

That's a great thing you are doing for those who serve/served Austin.

Thanks.

Ed

3. Shooter

No, thank you.

4. threetango

threetango Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Agree, extremely generous, so all you actives and beat up vets get in on a great offer !
    Not much in today's world is free so take the time to get involved with this .

[​IMG]

5. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

What a great idea Austin...!!

And a special thanks to all the brave men and women who serve this country every day !!

6. XD40Jake

XD40Jake New Member

11B US Army 101st Airborne Div Medical Discharge due to curve in my spine!

7. glock26USMC

glock26USMC New Member Supporter

Please send a PM to "Austin"

8. Shooter

I got you upgraded! If you want the decal please send me your name and address in a private message.

9. BigDawg

BigDawg New Member

I'm computer illiterate so I no idea how to send a PM sorry Austin ! Medically boarded out and not allowed to re-enlist in 83 and have been rated 100% disabled. I do still by our great Lord GOD and his wonderful Son JESUS blessings have all my limbs but have had 9 major surgeries with 4 being my back. I always jokingly tell folk that I am the original $600.00 man due to titanium plates, screws, wire, and rods. I stumbled upon this site one day while just learning to use our computer and had all but forgotten about it till I got an email from Austin today. I was one of the ones that had to send my XDs in .45 ACP back to Springfield for the upgrade of parts. It took a little longer than I had anticipated but I do have a smaller caliber handgun for a backup that I used till I got my .45 back. Anybody else here affected by this ?

10. threetango

Let me give you hand.
    Go back up to Austin's post above yours.
    Click on his name on the left and go to send a private message and click on that.
    Fill in the top like "Request"
    Fill in the info you want to put and click on submit and that's it.

11. Shooter

I gotcha BigDwag.

Reminder guys, if you are one of the many brave men and women who serve our country, or who were disabled doing so, please contact me for your upgrade and decals.

Thank you for all you're doing, and your sacrifice to this great nation.

12. XD40Jake

XD40Jake New Member

Sent you my info! What exactly will I be getting?

13. glock26USMC

glock26USMC New Member Supporter

You will be getting a premium membership, and XD Forum decals sent through the mail

14. TALON

TALON New Member Supporter

15. XD40Jake

XD40Jake New Member

Awesome!! Thanks for recognizing us Vets!!

16. sgtboyd

sgtboyd US Army Retired Supporter

Retired Disabled Veteran. That's good of you to do this. In Nam I was a door gunner on hueys. Enlisted in 1968 and retired after a tour in Bosnia in 2000.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
  17. BigDawg

BigDawg New Member

Your timeline as well as well as your rank AFTER 32 years in the Army does not add up here. First and foremost 32 years is reserved for only a few and not many make it past 25 so this is looking not right. Also you refer to your rank as a SGT which is an E-5 which again does not add up to the numbers of years you are claiming to have served. I personally know only 2 individuals that have served 30 years and not 1 that has served over the number 30. Even at 30 you would have had to have been the SGT Major of the US Army and I don't believe that to be the case here. Please clarify all these for me so that I might understand better your information please. Not trying to start an argument just trying to understand your timeline of service as well as your retirement rank.

PS: I do agree that this is a very generous thing for Austin to do. Am I to understand that some type membership is being offered here ? I'm sure Austin can and will give an answer to this question.

18. sgtboyd

sgtboyd US Army Retired Supporter

Hi BigDawg, No problem I will explain. I enlisted in 1968 after I returned from Viet Nam in 1971 I got out of the Army. I then decided to go into the Air Force. I stayed there for 6 years and got fed up with them. I got out. A few years later I enlisted in the Texas National guard. I stayed in for 6 years and got out again. Stupid right..lol I finally wised up and went back in and as you know you lose time in grade and I started over as a E-5. We were activated in 2000 and sent to Bosnia and Hungary with NATO. I had a heart attack one day after getting off guard duty. I was sent to Landstuhl Germany and finally ended up at BMAC in San Antonio were I had a triple bypass. I was attached to 4th ID in Ft. Hood until I recovered. The 9/11 happened and I requested to go with my unit overseas but they would not let me go so I put in my retirement papers as I had accumulated 20 good years. I was then retired effective 9/12. So theirs the story. Hope this clears up any questions.. This is a great site and I love my XD9 as well as my Beretta 92fs.

19. threetango

Drafted, got out an E5 stayed out 10 years, went back in as a PFC and did 18 more and retired a First Sgt.
    So I an understand you situation.
    Welcome to the XD and I'm sure if you pm Austin (if you haven't already) with your info he will take care of you.

20. exgiguy

exgiguy New Member

Hi, I'm a Veteran and have been carrying XD 40's for a while. I have a Service Weapon for work and a Suby for CHL.