Ammo???

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by RJB, Dec 15, 2012.

1. RJB

RJB New Member

Have you guys finding it harder and harder to find ammo
    now that all the stuff going on im going to bet it going to get impossible to find it
    i know there is a lot of ammo out there but im mostly talking about stuff like 223/556 and 45

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Reason #1...Obama got re-elected
    Reason #2...People are panic buying because of Reason #1

Buy as much ammo as you can afford as fast as possible...!!

3. JimA

JimA New Member

I took an inventory today and concluded that I can't get any more ammo in the bunker.;) I have ample primers, brass and powder to last until we change directions. I did order a couple thousand bullets today. The mail lady is gonna hate me when they come.:D
    Last time we had a shortage of ammo I had a tough time getting primers, and when I could they were outrageous. I took care of that when they got back to normal.

4. wmruss

wmruss New Member

When it goes on sale at my local stores i buy,,,buy,,,buy and then I buy some more

5. chuckusaret

chuckusaret Member

I don't need to buy anymore ammo, I have been adding to and maintaining a stock pile for about 35 years. I also have ammo that I got from my Dad that he bought in the late 1930's to the late 1960's and will be passed on, along with any remaining guns, to my four kids when I leave this world.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2012
  6. SeventiesWreckers

SeventiesWreckers Load Bearing Wall

Probably varies area to area. Plenty around here locally. My wife & sister in law both work at the local Wal Mart, they upped the order points a bit, and are selling more since the election, but are still well stocked on everything they usually carry. No worries here, yet.

7. RJB

RJB New Member

Good luck finding .45s about all handgun ammo is getting hard to find here unless you want junk Blazer or over priced hollow points. Paper punching ammo is scarce like it was in 08 when obamy was elected. .223s and 5.56 are impossible under $400 a 1000 if you find em.

8. Colt45

Colt45 New Member

Picked up 2 boxes of Federal 9mm 115gr HP's @ $14.95 ea, 6 boxes of Tula 223 this weekend at Wally World. They had plenty of 40s&w and some Tula and PPU 45acp. Not as bad as '08

9. threetango

threetango Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Might be a good idea to increase the inventory with some additional 7.62x39 and 7.62x51, for those who have sporting rifles in that caliber.

10. warbird1

warbird1 New Member

We're in good shape on most calibers in the Mobile area. Unless you're looking for 5.7x28mm that is.

11. artbrownsr

artbrownsr New Member

The worst part of ammo buying here in Alaska is They CAN'T ship THROUGH Canada, and CAN'T fly it. So it has to be sent by container or cargo ship, requiring a minimum of a pallet per order through any mail order or online ammo broker. We have Walmart ( five within 600 miles of driving) and Sportsman's warehouse ( three within the same distance) and several smaller shops with the same requirements. ( Driving distance refers to the road system covering Seward to Fairbanks.) :mad:

12. RibEye

RibEye Steak Medium Rare

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

i bought this ammo in surplus JUUST in case [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
  13. RJB

RJB New Member

Nice.......

14. RibEye

RibEye Steak Medium Rare

just a clip or two dedicated thats all RJB

:D

15. RJB

RJB New Member

i know how that goes

16. Colt45

Colt45 New Member

Betcha wish ya had some of this:D
    Be Prepared!

[​IMG]

Dianne Feinstein aproved PC CLIPS of 10 rounds maximum[​IMG]

17. threetango

threetango Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Magazine.;)

18. 911JB

911JB New Member

Local stores still have some ammo, but all the online places are out of stock.

JB

19. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

Old yellow box Norinco, those are some fireball throwing mofos :D

20. Colt45

Colt45 New Member

Fire ball? uhmmmm, mild steel core yes:rolleyes: