Ammunition Stockpiling

Discussion in 'Ammo & Reloading' started by threetango, Dec 18, 2012.

1. threetango

threetango Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I know I'm pretty much preaching to the choir here and it's been mentioned in a few posts but I heard a rumor ( and that's all it is at this time) from a relative in government service stating to me to get what I can afford and I don't think he was joking, so I'm just passing it along.
    I know a lot of members are already squared away but for those thinking of increasing their count it would not be a bad idea to do so.

It takes a long time for ammo to go bad if correctly stored and you can rotate out the old when you do the range..
    Just a heads up.

2. glock26USMC

glock26USMC New Member Supporter

Thank you sir, I was thinking of doing this, and have decided, I better do it. Thanks for the heads up :)

3. artbrownsr

artbrownsr New Member

Yep even for us with limited funds, it's a time to exchange some silver and paper for some copper and lead!

4. Colt45

Colt45 New Member

Buy a couple of boxes every week or pay peroid if you can as it will add up.

5. artbrownsr

artbrownsr New Member

That's exactly the way to do it ( that also keeps the watchers unawares if you buy at W-M today, F-M next time, Sports--- next, etc. a couple of boxes of a couple calibres at a time.)

6. rsfrid

rsfrid New Member

A word to the wise - I would never post publicly what I do or do not do to "stockpile" anything.

7. chuckusaret

chuckusaret Member

I keep assorted stuff stored in 32 .50 cal ammo cans and have been adding to it for the past 35 plus years. Those ammo cans are expensive but see the need to buy a few more. ;)

8. threetango

threetango Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Obama's already spouting rhetoric today. I knew it was coming !

I'm also stockpiling Twinkies.

Definition of stockpiling:

To accumulate and maintain a supply of for future use. ;)

9. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Ammo...what ammo !!??

I'm like Barney Fife...one bullet in my pocket !

...and I'm stockpiling Devil Dogs !!

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......

10. reload556

reload556 Junior Member

i have 2 million rounds for my red rider bb gun thats all i have honest
    :D

11. chuckusaret

chuckusaret Member

If I only shoot about 1K rounds per month I should have enough ammo to last until I turn 80 in 4 1/2 years. I just swapped a Walther PPK/S .380 mag for 500 rounds of CCI Mimi Mag 22LR. I don't have a Walther but my neighbor just bought a nice one off Gun Broker.

12. jayson

jayson New Member

my supply is LOW (in my opinion) and my funds are even lower right now, sucks but thats why I have the good ol double deuce. lol box of 500 for $20 lol Reloading helps a LOT too, for about the price of box of 50 round nose 9mm I can load 100 quality hollow points with a high quality powder in 9mm or .45acp

The .22 is VERY under rated !!! In the hands of someone who knows how to use one well anyway. Cheap as hell, as low as $2 for 100 and the local stores are hardly ever sold out.

walmart is always sold out of 9mm, .40 cal and .45acp. so when they do have it I grab 2 of each.. about $60 for 200 rounds and they always look at me funny.. but if I grab a box of 1000 .22 for $40 they dont even flinch lmfao

come income tax time I think Im gonna have to buy some more guns, ammo, and reloading supplies lol

13. Yooper

Yooper Junior Member

I go to the rifle range allmost daily but I'm not doing much shooting, I collect brass for reloading.

Aim small miss small!