Anti-Gun Fanatic Piers Morgan’s Ratings Are Crashing! Will CNN Kick Him Off The Air?

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by mmckee1952, Mar 9, 2013.

1. mmckee1952

mmckee1952 Banned

Anti-Gun Fanatic Piers Morgan’s Ratings Are Crashing! WillCNN Kick Him Off The Air?

Piers Morgan, the whiny British Leftist who took over whenLarry King retired, is having a lesson about the free market: Advertising only works if you can back it upwith your product. Piers got a lot ofpublicity in the last few weeks because of his inflammatory attacks onAmerican’s right to be armed. Thispublicity has actually worked against him. While it did raise his profile, those Americans who check out his showquickly discovered that he’s a mean-spirited, ignorant bully. They started tuning out in droves.

Morgan is a media whore. As Mr. Conservative revealed here, his only fixed value is . . . PiersMorgan. Both in his native Britain andhere in America, he will do say and do just about anything to publicize himselfand advance his career.

After Sandy Hook, Morgan thought he had it made by being thespokesman for extreme gun control. Heinvited gun-right supporters onto his show and attacked them — although BenShapiro not only cleaned Piers’ clock, but revealed Piers’ hatred for ourConstitution, which Piers snidely referred to “your little book.” Ted Nugent called it like he saw it, tellingPiers “you are full of crap.” Piers eveninvited gun foe Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Cal.) on his show proved that he’s notonly vicious, he’s also a bootlicker, they got together to talk about Sen.Feinstein’s plan to ban guns, of course Morgan loved the idea.

All these videos went viral, leading Piers to belief he’dwon the round by getting free advertising. The only problem with Piers’strategy is that, while it did at first get more people to watch his show, thatmeant that Americans were quicker to spot what an intellectual lowlife andopportunist Piers is and turn him off.

According to TV By The Numbers:

Piers Morgan’s show is down 27% in total viewers and 38% inthe demo from its debut in Jan. 17th, 2011.

Piers Morgan Tonight also had the lowest demo in its timeslot and was even beat by HLN’s Dr. Drew (with 208,000).

Although most of us don’t like advertising andexhibitionism, I think we’re all agreed that Piers is the exception to the ruleand should keep it up. At this rate, it will be only another month or twobefore his show is cancelled. Good riddance to British rubbish.

2. artbrownsr

artbrownsr New Member

The ONLY downside I see in this is, WHO is going to come in to replace HIM?

3. chuckusaret

chuckusaret Member

First, who watches CNN? there viewership has been declining for several years because of their pro left stance, poor management and poor selection of shows. Morgan's arrival on scene did increase viewership for a very short startup period but most viewers were turned off by his approach and utter disrespect for his guests. I have seen several videos of his show but never watched it on CNN. In fact I don't have CNN programmed into my TV but I do have 124 other channels. Fox has on average 4 to 5 times the number of viewers over CNN and MSNBC has 2 to 3 times on average over CNN

4. threetango

threetango Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Fox is not exactly my favorite either, big time biased ! :mad:

5. opaww

opaww Banned

Maybe piers morgan and hugo chavez can get together? piers morgan needs to know that we kicked the british out of our country twice and we can do it again.

6. mmckee1952

mmckee1952 Banned

Sorry you feel that way, but can you tell me of any, otherthan Fox that, whenever they have a debate on anything, that they include bothsides of the debate so you can listen to both sides and makeyour own mind up?

7. chuckusaret

chuckusaret Member

I like their motto; Fair and Balanced