Are you finding ammo/mags anywhere?

Discussion in 'Ammo & Reloading' started by Colt45, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Colt45

Colt45 New Member

Gun stores, Wal-Mart, on line and prices? Walked in my closest Wal-Mart last night (non firearms sales) and as suspected most ammo was wiped out. There was a couple boxes of 44mag some .22lr, shotgun not even any .270win :(. The sales lady came over to ask if I needed any help, and ask her whats left? Then she pointed out some PPU 9MM for $14.95 per 50rds on the shelf above the with gun cleaning gear. SCORE!

One LGS still had Glock 33rd 9mm mags for $19.99

So list what ever NORMAL prices your finding out there.

2. rsfrid

rsfrid New Member

Just bought 500 rounds Black Hills match 77 grain 223 ammo and it's on the way. Same price as before all the SHTF news. It's out there, just look around.

3. Colt45

Colt45 New Member

Glad you got some 5.56 as everywhere I've looked is $1 a round:( on the brighter side found some 45acp 230gr fmj for $20 and got some Hornady 95gr HPs in 9mm Mak today for $17 a box. Major gun store in Downtown Norfolk was PACKED today 1-1/2 hrs wait for range (did not wait for try out new XD 45 tAC), guns selling briskly (plenty of handguns) and ammo floor was fairly well stock outside of 223/5.56 they even had plenty of 7.62x39 500rds $129.

Soooooooooooooo, the M-4 will stay in the safe for the time being, the 45's will get limited use,I'm stocked up on 7.62x39 so the AK/SKS will get range time along with the 9mm's. Going to order a reloading kit soon, so watch out in a couple of months unless Big "O" and Congress really SCREW us.

4. dgp575

dgp575 New Member

I have been checking at Walmart, Acadamy, Dick's and Pro Bass and all out of stock on 9mm rounds, who is the best online supplier to order from with the best customer service?

5. Colt45

Colt45 New Member

6. chuckusaret

chuckusaret Member

Thanks for link, don't need ammo but will remember that they did not jack up their price and will use them for future orders.

7. wmruss

wmruss New Member

Shelves are empty and unless you get to the store when the truck arrives,,forget it,,not gonna happen,,good thing i have some stocked up

8. threetango

threetango Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Might also try here.

I was in the store last week and they had some stock left.
    Seems everyone is buying now.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ammunition/handgun-ammunition.html

9. Colt45

Colt45 New Member

10. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa New Member

Went to pick up meds at the local Wally World yesterday. Just about all auto pistol ammo was gone. Mostly stanadard rifle cals. and revo ammo left.

I bought guns at shows during the later part of the first AWB and got alot of ammo that had been bought with overpriced guns during the panic buying backthen. By that time standar X 39 had dropped to a buck fifty a box. the .223 was not much more. So I managed to get a good amount "thrown in" on deals for guns that I bought used. Haven't had to buy during the panics and have only bought any thtat we shot up, but only when supply was good. May not be so good in the future. Still, I don't expect any proposed or passed legislation to go into effect until Jan 2014. Well, that is what I expect anyway.

11. dgp575

dgp575 New Member

I found a local Acadamy fairly well stocked yesterday, picked up a bulk box of 9mm and some 357 and 38's, they had a good supply of 40S&W and 45's left
    Hope this starts to be the norm around here shelves have been bare

12. threetango

threetango Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Were the prices for the ammo higher ?

13. dgp575

dgp575 New Member

Surprising but no the price as shown on line, typically I find them getting trucks in every other day and are now limiting max of 5 boxes of each caliber

14. wmruss

wmruss New Member

Since my last posting I had scored on some ammo,,I think I posted this in another area but I found my Remington 9mm luger,,with coupon I paid 11.99 a box,,,,I call that a scoreeeeeeeee..:D:) it was at Dunham Sports

15. dgp575

dgp575 New Member

I stopped at my local WM on my way to work at 6:00am and WOW she was stocking the shelves with a 20 cases of federal 9mm 100 can't box for 21.99 and the same in 40 and 45,
    Wife's going to scream but picked up a couple of cases they didn't have a limit

16. Colt45

Colt45 New Member

17. Blindstack

Blindstack New Member

I didn't have a problem finding .40 at any of the stores in Montgomery or Birmingham, AL. They said .40S&W, .45ACP and 10mm were all still available. 9mm is a different story. Most have either limited buyers to 2-4 boxes or have completely ran out.

I just bought two .40 XDm Compacts yesterday. One for me and the second for my wife. What I need is 2 more 16 round magazines. Does anyone have any left in stock? I am trying to avoid gunbroker.com. I'm just not feeling much trust for auction sites right now.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  18. Colt45

Colt45 New Member

Blindstack, have you tried to buy off of S.A.'s website direct?
    Welcome to the XD forum:D

19. Blindstack

Blindstack New Member

I looked on it last night and was scarred off when it said wait 6-8 weeks. I called a few other places and they were backed up at least that far. The wife decided to call Springfield while I was at work. They said all orders will state a 6-8 week wait time but it might not be that long. She was told they do have stock but couldn't confirm how many or how long they would have mags available. Long story short, my wife ordered 2 more HCs.