Big Dot?

Discussion in 'XD Accessories & Gear' started by stevo, Dec 16, 2012.

1. stevo

stevo New Member

Howdy!
    I was wondering if anyone had tried the Big Dot sight set. I like the idea of the tritium dot in the front sight and the tririum bar for the rear. (The older I get, the weaker my eyesight gets).

Cheers, Stevo

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to the XD Forum stevo !!

Sorry, don't have any experience with those sights...but they seem like a good idea !!

3. stevo

stevo New Member

Big dot sights

Well, other than Shooter 13, I've gotten no replies to my inquiry. Sooo... I guess I'll just "wing it". I've seen these sights on web photos and various web sights; they look like what I'm looking for, so I'm going to give them a try. If they work out, I've got several handguns to put them on. (Just got a new xd45, a 5" tactical mod so I guess that's the one that'll go in first.) Will let you know how they work out for me later.
    Cheers, Stevo

4. SHOOTER13

Yes...please let us know how it goes stevo !!

Post a pic if you can too...

5. MrT

MrT New Member

Hi Stevo

I have the same question. I too could really use a front sight that allows easy acquistion. I have the XDm 3.8, 9mm, full size grip. Really like the gun, but would like to enhance the front sight without adding any "mall ninja" stuff. A local shop told me that changing the front sight on the XDm is a major deal as it has to milled out for replacement? Looking at it, it appears to be dovetailed into the slide and should be able to be changed out in a normal manner by a competent smith? any thoughts or insights on this?
    thanks
    MrT

6. stevo

stevo New Member

XD Sights

Check out: XD-HS2000.com
    If you buy the sights from them ($120) they will install for FREE! Just send them the slide- NOT the whole weapon.
    Looks like a winner to me.
    XD-HS2000.com > gunsmithing services > sight installation services > xs 24/7 Big Dot

Cheers, Stevo

7. en7kids

en7kids New Member

I to have questioned the big dot sight installation . The Springfield rep. Told me how . Just buy the right one . Taps out to the left and push in the new sight left to right. But you need a tool to push it in. The best is to factory install.

Sent from my iPhone using XD Forum

8. SHOOTER13

Good to see members helping each other out...

9. en7kids

en7kids New Member

It's been a year. How is the Big Dot working out ?I would like to know.

10. en7kids

en7kids New Member

I still do not have the cash. I'm on S.S. I think they are the answer for me.

11. stevo

stevo New Member

Big Dot sights for the XD

Howdy again,
    Well, as was just pointed out, it has been a year since I started this posting. Time does go by fast sometimes. I apologize that I haven't kept up on things as I should have. I've had a few medical problems that have plagued me over the last year but I hope to get some of them resolved soon. (I am nearly blind in my right eye but I hope to have that corrected in about ten days.) Anyways, (I don't like whiners) I contacted the company that makes the BigDot sight system, (XS Sights), and they have the sights in stock ($120 per set) They will install them for $40+$11 for shipping.No need to send in the whole pistol-just the slide. I have decided that, since they make the sights, will spend the little extra money and have them do the installation. I have a 5" barreled model, a 4" barreled model and a XDM with a 3 1/2" barrel - they all use the same sights! Since I haven't done any shooting over the past year, I never really took the time to proceed with my project guns;...But "the times the are a Changin'".
    Cheers,
    Stevo

12. en7kids

en7kids New Member

Yea! Hope the eye problem gets better. Keep us posted on the Big dot sights. I hope to have the cash someday.