Burris Fastfire III on XDm?

Discussion in 'XD Accessories & Gear' started by rsfrid, Nov 27, 2012.

1. rsfrid

rsfrid New Member

Has anyone mounted a Fastfire III to their XDm yet? I have a 9mm I had Springer work over and want to use as bench target shooter and my shooting open sights sucks past 25 yards. Thought the 3mil dot site might help.

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

It looks like a very good optic...

[​IMG]

The new FastFire III comes with 3 MOA or 8 MOA dots. The FastFire III offers upgraded features such as windage and elevation adjustments that don’t require a special tool; a convenient power button with three levels of brightness and an automatic brightness setting and battery access on the top of the sight making it easier to change batteries. Also added is a low battery warning indicator and see-through protective cap. It has an 8 hour automatic shut off.

3. threetango

threetango Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I don't have the FFIII but have the FFII on my MP5A5 and like it.
    Burris makes a good optic like Shooter stated.

[​IMG]

4. rsfrid

rsfrid New Member

Just ordered one. My main question was going to be mounting process on my XDm, but I found Burris makes a dovetail mount replacing the rear sight on XD that I think will work with XDm.

5. SHOOTER13

Looking forward to your review and pictures....

6. rsfrid

rsfrid New Member

I ended up going with the Leopold Deltapoint because I couldn't find a mount that mated the Fastfire III with the XDm (they have them for XD but not XDm.)

[​IMG]

The XDm now has Bar Sto match barrel fitted by Scott Springer, extended mag release, stippling, trigger job, solid stainless guide rod, and the Deltapoint (all by Scott Springer.) Mounting the Deltapoint was a real cake-walk - simple and quick.

7. rsfrid

rsfrid New Member

The Fastfire III is getting mounted on my Les Baer Premium II by the smithy.

8. SHOOTER13

That DeltaPoint looks nice...how does it handle !?

9. rsfrid

rsfrid New Member

I'll let you know when I get to indoor range :D

10. Champ150

Champ150 New Member

hope you have better luck with your fastfire, I'm on my 3rd one. would not buy again. Burris customer service leaves a bit to be desired too.

11. SHOOTER13

Welcome to the XD Firearms Forum Champ150 !!

...care to elaborate on what the problem(s) were with the Burris Fastfire

for the members here...?!

12. jdm033056

jdm033056 New Member

I've shot between 300 and 400 rounds with my FF III on my XD without a single hitch. Has performed perfectly.

[​IMG]

13. rsfrid

rsfrid New Member

So far both my Delta points and Fastfire III have been flawless. One of my shooting friends has another brand and has had nothing but problems (he's a talented gunsmith and machinist who has had to keep his running by using his talents.) I'm a fan of Deltapoint and Fastfire III.

14. Mraztactical

Mraztactical New Member

Where did you get the picatinny sight rail for your XD?

15. Mraztactical

Mraztactical New Member

Where did you get that rear sight/picatinny rail? Looking to mount my Burris fastfire III onto my XD9 and would love to have the option to remove the optic and still have iron sights like the one you have pictured! Thank you!

16. jdm033056

jdm033056 New Member

I manufacture and sell them. You can PM me for info. I can't post it here yet.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2013