clip draw

Discussion in 'XD Accessories & Gear' started by reload556, Dec 29, 2012.

1. reload556

reload556 Junior Member

so ive noticed that several( well at least 1 ) of you guys have the clip draws installed on your xd's . my question is this . i live in sunny fla and during the summer it gets blasted hot down here .would you carry the clip draw equiped pistol against your skin tucked in your waist band . being born and raised floridian i seldom where more than just shorts and a tshirt. if you get my drift lol and hows the finnish hold up to sweat?

2. yogiboobooranger

yogiboobooranger New Member

I have the clip draw mentioned. I do not carry it against the skin. I put it between the outer pants and the boxer underwear. The grip area is the only part of the gun touching the skin at all and of course it is polymer so no metal touches. By the way, I only use the clip draw when I am in a hurry and wish not to take time putting on a holster. For general carrying purposes, use a holster!!

3. reload556

reload556 Junior Member

i am currently carrying using a holster but was thinking the clipdraw would be a little more comfortable during the summer. is there a reason you dont use it all the time ? dont trust it , your not comfortable with it ? i'm just trying to figure out if i should spend the money on it . thanks

4. yogiboobooranger

Buy the clip draw..it is so cheap and easy to install. I don't use it all the time because I prefer holstering my carry guns. Like I said, I use the clip draw for convenience. Very quick to use for running out to the mail box, or to the local store for milk. The nice thing about the Clip Draw is that it is very easy to remove if you wanted and can be installed on other guns. Mine had been on three other guns before the XD-s. As far as trust..you can hang a bowling ball on the clip and it will not move!!

5. CallMaker

CallMaker Guest

I had a clip on a PF9 and did not care for it as it allowed the position of the pistol to change when "clipped". I want the pistol to be in the same position each time I reach for it.

A properly designed holster for me is a better solution even if it means "dressing" around it.

6. 911JB

911JB New Member

There is something about that exposed trigger that would keep me from ever using a clipdraw. I want my trigger covered at all times when being carried, but thats just me.

JB

Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
  7. threetango

threetango Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Not just you.

8. Balota

Balota Sometimes lucky! Supporter

Definitely not just you!!!

9. thepunk88

thepunk88 Premium Member

totally agree:cool:

10. yogiboobooranger

I don't blame you guys who want your trigger covered! But, since the XD had the grip safety which has to be fully engaged for the trigger to activate, as well as the lever safety on the trigger, the chances are slim that the trigger can get pulled accidentally. Now on a Glock, that is another story. I have the clip draw on one of my Glocks, but I also use a trigger plug inserted inside the trigger guard, sold by clipdraw which covers the trigger and is pushed out during the draw. Safety is of the utmost importance and ADs are just not acceptable period. I love the clipdraw and will continue to use it!! But that is me :)

11. Balota

Balota Sometimes lucky! Supporter

To each his own. You might want to consider using that trigger plug on your XD though. Yes there is a grip safety. But when you are drawing, the first thing you do is put your hand on the grip in the firing position. That depresses the grip safety. Then you draw the gun out to present it. If you manage to hook the trigger during the draw you have both depressed. Bang.

The benefit of having the trigger covered is that instant of time when the holster reminds your finger where it belongs.

At the end of the day, your jellyware telling your boogerhook to stay off the bang switch until you want to fire is the only real safety anyway.