Finally found primers locally!!! (NE Ohio)

Discussion in 'In Stock' started by jayson, Mar 15, 2013.

1. jayson

jayson New Member

In a stroke of luck I managed to spot CCI small pistol primers at Fin Feather and fur in Ashland. ONLY selling by the 1k and a 1k limit. I got 1k and a buddy got me 1k.:D

They also had a pretty good selection of powders. So I picked up another 1lb of power pistol.

NO 9mm brass cased factory ammo, only steel cased

$30 for a 525 Federal bulk box with a 1 box limit, more then I usually spend but I want to be able to shoot this summer and not worry about the ammo shortage. So I got 1 lol

2. threetango

threetango Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Looks like you did well.

3. CallMaker

CallMaker Guest

Well, that's a lot better than around here in NE Washington. No 9mm here at all nor .22. A little .45 and good supply of .40. Of course I don't have a .40 but might be something to think about.

4. shaner

shaner Active Member

hey jayson what was the price on the primers?

5. jayson

jayson New Member

Normal retail at my local place was 39.99 per 1000. They have been without for a while again so we will see how much they mark them up when/IF they get them again lol

6. CallMaker

CallMaker Guest

Yesterday I bought some Winchester primers for $3.69 per 100. So (at least here) the prices have not gone up.

7. evilspringer

evilspringer New Member

Saw some at the last gun show I worked going for $40 /1000
    Not great but not too bad and of course I didn't bring money with me.

8. jayson

jayson New Member

I need to make a trip this weekend... seems that 1000 primers and a 22lr brick are fetching about 100 ea online.

9. shaner

shaner Active Member

wow i heard that from a guy awhile back, he found primers for 4999 perk, and thought it was a deal??? damn i remember the last shortage when the gulf war started and they went to 19.99 a k i bitched then ,, hahahhha

10. Yooper

Yooper Junior Member

We regularly pay $45.00 per k hear in the UP.