Firearm Programs on TV

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by SHOOTER13, Oct 23, 2012.

1. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

How many of you watch firearm programming on TV...?!

I just realized as I was reviewing my Comcast ( local cable provider ) DVR recording list that I compiled over the past few days to watch at a later time and realized how many I actually tune into on a regular basis...

Here's the list:

American Rifleman
    Guns & Ammo TV
    Personal Defense TV
    TAC TV
    Guns & Gear
    Gun Talk TV
    Shooting USA
    The Best Defense: Survival
    Three Gun Nation
    Field & Stream: The Gun Nuts
    Midway's Rapid Fire
    Gallery of Guns
    Ruger: Inside & Out
    Impossible Shots
    Ted Nugent: Spirit of the Wild
    World Of Beretta

then there is...

Top Shot
    Top Guns
    Family Guns
    Sons of Guns
    American Gun

and the list goes on...

I mean... some are obviously self serving ( Ruger / Beretta...Family, Sons of, and American Guns ), but others really do inform and entertain.

Do you guys watch any of these shows !?

If so, which ones do you prefer...?!

Which ones do you hate...?!

And why...?!

Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
  2. opaww

opaww Banned

I don't watch TV

3. SHOOTER13

I knew that opaww !! :p

4. 911JB

911JB New Member

Add me to the dont watch tv list also. I disconected cable and installed an antenna 10 years ago and have not looked back. If there is something that I need to watch [news, presedential debates, etc] I can usually find it on one of the big 3 [ABC, NBC, CBS].

JB

5. shaner

shaner Active Member

well count me in there also, dropped cable a yr ago in sept, got tired of 100 bucks a month and not watching it, but i usedto enjoy all those shows ur talking about i told them when i turned my equipment back in, if u let me buy about 3 channels , id be happy, i so just watch tv on the computer if needed, radio i listen to , micheal bane has a cool radio show also, i listen to it on podcast, the guys sort of nerdy but hes smart on alot of things and has connections

6. shaner

shaner Active Member

here you go if anyones interested , nice thing is you can listen to him when you want to and have the time, they archive the shows on the side ,
    http://www.downrange.tv/podcast.htm

7. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member

I watch TV, but I stay away from dramas which is what American Guns, Son of Guns ended up being.

I'm more of a documentary guy. If I can get some straight forward info without all the love stories and crying I would prefer it.

8. shaner

shaner Active Member

yep thats what i thought too, they started off good, both american guns and sons of guns . it got to be more bs and drama as u say them firearms , i really dont care who boinks whos daughter hahahahah

9. chuckusaret

chuckusaret Member

Way to much drama and very little gunsmithing/shooting. I do have a friend that has a Saiga shotgun that was reworked by Red Jacket, it looks good but still just a Saiga IMO

10. Teddybear

Teddybear New Member

Gunsmoke, Rawhide, Wagon Train, Rifleman, Have Gun Will Travel, Guns of Will Sonnett.

Those are my shows.

11. chuckusaret

chuckusaret Member

You are dating yourself.:)

12. Terry

Terry Junior Member

Most of them (guns & Ammo ) are the same repeats YEAR AFTER YEAR waste of time and money. May just as well record it once and watch it over and over again.

13. SHOOTER13

Seems that most people are turned off by the whole "reality" thing...as am I.

But this thread did stir up some comments on the lack of good firearm programming on

mainstream TV. I myself DVR the above episodes...then skim through them to the heart

of the matter...or see how the first few minutes start out and delete if not interested.

I really wish there was something with substance...and a few of those shows above do

actually have some credibility ( Guns & Gear with Gresham for example...or Shooting USA with

Scouten ) do keep me abreast of the goings on in the firearm industry and competitive circuit, so I

do watch them with interest.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
  14. threetango

threetango Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I'm gonna disagree on your statement "it's just a Saiga". To me Saiga ( for being Russian) makes a good product. I don't have a Saiga shotgun but do have an AK47 by them and I've tested in in sand, water, dirt and even fired it upside down just to see and it performed great.
    Here's an interesting article on the Saiga Shotgun.

JMO also

http://www.survivalblog.com/2011/03/pats_product_review_the_saiga.html

15. SHOOTER13

I think chuckusaret was refering to the Sons of Guns Saiga's...

basically saying Red Jacket slaps their name on it

after a few minor mods then done...

16. blackwolffcf

blackwolffcf New Member

I watch mostly the law enforcement shows, like Wild Justice, Alaska State Troopers, etc…
    But I do watch a couple gun shows, American guns (can't stand the fat gunsmith…) and Sons of guns (not too fond of Will but Joe is great)...

17. Terry

Terry Junior Member

My dad would walk out into the barn just before the shows started. Getting the smell of Horse on his boots. He would tell us kids. It is just like being there, you can smell the horse shit.:D

18. Shooter

Alaska State Troopers is an interesting show. Law up there seems to more subjective than other places in the US.

19. Terry

Terry Junior Member

I watch A.S.T. all the time, mostly because over the past 20 years i have either worked with and become friends with most of the Troopers. Alaska sure does have a diffrent life style. I have lived in some of the remote villages and in the large cities ( both of them, Anchorage & Fairbanks ) You do alot of flying in small planes or ATV myself i prefered my 8 wheel Argo.

20. Shooter

Being in Texas I get a small taste of what you are doing, but if I move anywhere I'm Alaska bound.