Glock Firearms Thread

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by SHOOTER13, Oct 16, 2012.

1. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

This thread is dedicated to the firearms of Gaston Glock...please share your thoughts and pictures on this polymer framed pistol.

============================================

The Glock series of firearms are a short recoil-operated locked breech semi-automatic pistols that uses a modified Browning cam-lock system adapted from the Hi-Power (P35) pistol. The firearm's locking mechanism utilizes a linkless, vertically tilting barrel with a rectangular breech that locks into the ejection port cut-out in the slide. During the recoil stroke, the barrel moves rearward initially locked together with the slide approximately 0.12 inches until the bullet leaves the barrel and chamber pressure drops to a safe level. A ramped lug extension at the base of the barrel then interacts with a tapered locking block integrated into the frame, forcing the barrel down and unlocking it from the slide. This camming action terminates the barrel's movement while the slide continues back under recoil, extracting and ejecting the spent cartridge casing. The slide's uninterrupted rearward movement and counter-recoil cycle are characteristic of the Browning designed system.

[​IMG]

Pictured above is my EDC weapon, a 3rd generation Glock 30SF chambered in .45ACP. It holds 10 +1 and has proven itself accurate and reliable enough to trust my life to it.

2. JimA

JimA New Member

glock-20sf.jpg

G20SF...My only Glock pistol to date. I think it's a blast to shoot, literally, it makes a lot of noise. I think I may use it for deer hunting at some point. It may get a Trijicon RMR and a longer barrel.
    I'm not crazy about the grip angle, and my middle finger rubs the trigger guard pretty hard, but it is easy to shoot and hasn't ever had a glitch with my handloads or factory stuff.

3. threetango

threetango Moderator Staff Member Moderator

My Glock 20 in 10mm and Glock 36 in 45 cal.

[​IMG]

4. SHOOTER13

Very nice 3tango !!

How do you like the G36...thought about getting one !

5. threetango

threetango Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I like it very well and it's one reason I haven't bought an XDs yet.
    The top Glock 20 I carried in Mogadishu / Bale Dogle for about 90 days thus the somewhat worn look.

As a side note we did some patrolling around the abandoned Russian airfield at Bale Dogle and the Russkies had left this aircraft behind. Anyone recognize this type USSR craft ? :confused:

[​IMG]

6. Mike-P

Mike-P Banned

Here's one of mine and my current EDC. Cerakoted Gen4 17.......

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After I blacked out the letters.....

[​IMG]

7. SHOOTER13

That turned out real good Mike...

Who did the work....?

What sights does it wear...?

8. blackwolffcf

blackwolffcf New Member

*comes out of hiding…

Hey, a Glock Thread… :D

9. Mike-P

Mike-P Banned

A local company in Cleveland TN called Tactical Firearms Solutions http://www.tacticalfirearmssolutions.com/

The slide is FDE. The frame, barrel, extractor are Coyote Tan.

It's wearing the Ameriglo I-dot Pro's{with trijicon inserts}.

10. blackwolffcf

blackwolffcf New Member

Black Lettering Looks sick!!!