Greetings and Salutations

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by HuckingFarley, Oct 22, 2012.

1. HuckingFarley

HuckingFarley New Member

Hi Y'all
    I'm new to this forum and I see that introductions are in order. My name is Bud. I presently live in SW Florida on a 130 acre ranch. I hope to retire soon and will going back to my home state of Tennessee. I will miss being able to go out my back door and shoot. Closest neighbor is about a mile away.
    I bought a new XDs 45 about two weeks ago and have been pleasantly surprised as to how well it handles and shoots. I've put a little over 500 rounds down range with no ftf or fte. I have used several different kinds of ammo including Russian made in steel cases. It has shown to be very accurate, as much as my abilities will allow. The only problem I have encountered so far is pinching the hell out of my palm when trying to insert a new mag quickly after ejecting the old. Just to let you know, when that happens and you have slammed the mag in and the mag clicks closed, it is very difficult to release the mag with you palm still pinched in tight. You can, however hold the gun upside down with your hand stretched out and palm down, without the gun falling off. I know!
    I still have my first gun. A Daisy Red Ryder BB gun, that still shoots. Even with my eyes, I can watch the BB go from the muzzle to the target. I presently own over 20 rifles, pistols and shotguns. I'm a former Marine, 1964 to 1970. I was initially an M-60 gunner, went in to Force Recon Co., then I was transferred to NSA., where I finished out my military career.
    I hope to visit often and learn from you.
    Bud
    Semper Fi

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to the XD Forum HuckingFarley !!

( yup...seen what ya did there...!! )

Thanks for your service to our great country Marine !!

Semper Fi...do or die !!

3. shaner

shaner Active Member

hello to ya bud

4. TheFuzz

TheFuzz Twinkie, Twinkie, Cupcake

Welcome bud. Thanks for your service.