Has anyone tried the Pachmayr slip on grips?

Discussion in 'XD Accessories & Gear' started by noj, Dec 11, 2012.

1. noj

noj Junior Member

Has anyone given these a whirl? I have found them on Amazon for pretty cheap and didn't know if they were worth getting or not?

2. 911JB

911JB New Member

I used one on a Ruger p97dc and liked it. Now how well it would work on a XD with the backstrap safety, I am not sure.

JB

3. noj

noj Junior Member

4. 911JB

911JB New Member

That looks like it would do the trick noj. For that price it would be worth a shot anyway.

JB

5. noj

noj Junior Member

I think I will just go ahead and order it and see how well it works.

6. 911JB

911JB New Member

If you do post a review after you try it, so we can all see if it works or not.

JB

7. GsxrBots

GsxrBots New Member

I have a set on one of my LC9's and its OK at best. It's actually like "padded" on the sides so it ads more thickness to the grip than a Hogue one does for the same gun. However Pachmayer makes more sizes for more guns than Hogue does..

I like the feel of it, but not the added bulk. Unsure if I'll keep it on or not.

399233_4659623942859_1538777608_n.jpg

8. Winger

Winger New Member

I have my XDM Compact equipped with Powder River X-Treme Grips. Great Price, Look and Feel!

Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
  9. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to the XD Forum noj !!

10. noj

noj Junior Member

Thanks man! and Winger do you have any pics? I actually have two XD's (well wife has one and I have one) so I may buy the Pachmayr for mine and Hogue for hers and give it a side by side test and see how they feel out.

11. chuckusaret

chuckusaret Member

I have the Packmayr grip sleeve/glove on a LCP, does help. I ordered it on-line and the mailing cost as much as the sleeve.

12. Winger

Winger New Member

I'll try to get some photos out this evening for review...

I went with the Rubber grips. The sand type dont work so well for CC "Ouch!"

13. Winger

Winger New Member

I'll try to get some photos out this evening for review...

I went with the Rubber grips. The sand type dont work so well for CC "Ouch!"

As you can see... I have placed the grips on the rear portion of the slide and lower. I did not complete the back strap until I'm sure of the size I'm going with. I Also have the ability to complete the set around the thumb area as well as the front portion of the slide.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
  14. noj

noj Junior Member

The alternative option with these guns is to of course stipple them, but this process takes FOREVER as I did it on my Glock (before I was reborn an XD). I will give the grip sleeves a whirl and if I don't like them I will call a guy I know that does the stippling professionally (and have him do my wife's first). I actually told my dad about them as he is a HUGE Pachmayr fan and I think he is buying them as Christmas gifts so I won't have the review up until after the big day.

15. warbird1

warbird1 New Member

I have the Pachmayr grip sleeves on my CZ Phantom and my Taurus PT 92. They work great!!! Want them on my XDS. I do have long fingers so they work for me.

16. REDTAIL

REDTAIL New Member

Tried one a few years ago, Stretched the hell out of it trying to put it on etc. Even warmed it with a hair dryer to see if that would help & it did not.? got disscusted & in the garbage it went. A waste of good $$$$$$$$ Since then I put on the rubber pieces of grip tape that they sell for XD's & Glocks etc. Work great not ever any more problems with it.

17. MrT

MrT New Member

I have these on all of my other semi auto handguns, and they work great. I own an XDM 3.8, 9mm which does not have these grips. This gun pits me perfectly out of the box. The grip and ergonomics of the XDm was one of the main reasons I purchased it after trying many similar guns ( along with all of th M Features). Try the grips, they cost little, are easy to install and remove, do nothing permanent or harmful to your firearm. If you do not care for them you are not out much $. It was refreshing to buy something that came with all of the needed accessories and did not immediately require any "mods".
    Just my 2 cents.

18. REDTAIL

REDTAIL New Member

Trying to put one of these on a Gun Grip.? Is like trying to slip a small rubber band on an Elephant's Butt.? I tried a Hair Dryer,? Hot Water etc. Gave up trying & sent for a Rubber type grip tape.? for my XD40 gun & never look back.

19. warbird1

warbird1 New Member

Was that the Hogue one's? The Pachmayr slip on grips are very pliable. Does not take all that!