Hello from Afghanistan

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by SRMC, Nov 29, 2012.

1. SRMC

SRMC New Member

Looking to purchase either XD 9mm or XDs upon return home, know it is a hard question to answer, lots of reasons to go either way, but which one would be the best first investment? Have not had a chance to wrap my fingers around either one, and really want it at the house when I get there.

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to the XD Forum SRMC !!

...and thank you for your service to our great country !!!

Choice is personal...I prefer the big & slow approach to defense...so XDs in .45acp is my choice !

3. Teddybear

Teddybear New Member

SRMC, first of all, thank you for your service to our great counrty.

If your going to be in an area where concealed carry is allowed, I would recommend the XDs, but thats because I've had more experience with the 45 acp than any other round.

Just my 2 cents worth.

4. SeventiesWreckers

SeventiesWreckers Load Bearing Wall

Hope your doing well over there, & getting everything you need.

I like my full size XDM 4.5 .45ACP. If I could get away with it, I'd bring you one to try out. But they won't let me go anymore. Stay safe anyway, & Semper Fi of course.

5. threetango

threetango Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Welcome SRMC.

Both are good choices and when you get back try to shoot them before deciding.

6. artbrownsr

artbrownsr New Member

Welcome SRMC ,As has already been said THANK YOU for YOUR service to us and the country! Stay safe over there and tell your buddies to keep THEIR heads down as well. I would like to ask when you expect to return but under some circumstances that could not be answered and I will not be offended if that question is ignored. As you will note if you search the other intro's I'm not familiar with a lot of hand guns, My son in laws 9mm XDM shoots nice and feels good in my hand I feel comfortable in large to extra large gloves, medium gloves my fingers try to go through the tips and my fingernails are trimmed they are not 'BEEFY but wide spread. My son's friend has a 45 XDM and it also feels good, although I have not shot it.
    Again stay safe and Welcome.

7. shaner

shaner Active Member

hello to ya stay safe

8. glock26USMC

glock26USMC New Member Supporter

Welcome to the XD Forum !

9. Colt45

Colt45 New Member

Again, SRMC thank you for your service to our great Republic and Welcome to the XD Forum. If your going for a nitestand gun go full sized XD45acp 13+1 rds with 5" bbl the Tactical has a manual safety to boot or XDm 9mm with 19+1 rounds with a 4-1/2" bbl is a good choice as well.

I hope and pray when you return you will be ABLE to purchace the XD/XDm of your choice as Congress & the President are trying to do away with these evil guns.

Stay low and stay safe as you and all our troops get a 101% respect from me.

10. CallMaker

CallMaker Guest

Welcome aboard. Enjoy the forum.

Thank you for your service to our country.

11. thepunk88

thepunk88 Premium Member

welcome to the forum have fun and learn a thing or two...

12. 911JB

911JB New Member

Welcome to the group SRMC. Stay safe and thank you for all you do.

JB

13. chuckusaret

chuckusaret Member

Welcome to the forum. My EDC is a XD40SC that has served me well, more than 6K rounds thru it without a failure of any type, I also have a XD40 5" that has also been flawless. Would I buy a XD's? in a heart beat but none available.

Thank you for your service.