Highly suggest the new XD-S

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by yogiboobooranger, Oct 16, 2012.

1. yogiboobooranger

yogiboobooranger New Member

If .45acp is your caliber, and you wish to have the smallest possible semi auto in that caliber, I highly recommend the new XD-S. I cannot say enough about it..great gun, shoots great, and wonderful to carry.:D

2. shaner

shaner Active Member

yep , all depends on what u want to do with the one u get? iam a 45 man ,but love my 9mm's as well for general plinking , the GF has a 9 bitone service model yu couldnt pry away from her in a fight hahahah as iam with my 45 bitone compact 4in , i have it as a carry gun also , tfo night sights and several additions to it

3. threetango

threetango Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[​IMG]

4. shaner

shaner Active Member

hahahha yep

5. yogiboobooranger

Here is a Pic of my newest fighting tool!!

Well here it is:[​IMG]
    Nothing fancy but I like it..;)

6. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Great pic...awesome gun !!

7. gardan01

gardan01 New Member

Nice pistola!

8. benspartanburg

benspartanburg New Member

Carry Weapon

for the moment my carry wpn is a Kimber Pro Carry HD I plan on getting the XDS as soon as it is avail in my area

Attached Files:

9. yogiboobooranger

Nothing wrong with the Kimber..I have several 1911's and love to carry them from time to time as well.

10. shaner

shaner Active Member

very sweet xd s thanks

11. rsfrid

rsfrid New Member

Nice gun, how's the recoil?

12. JimA

JimA New Member

I totally agree. I've had mine since June and it has become my EDC. I have had no failures of any kind with all sorts of ammo, including hundreds of my reloads and many SD loads. It keeps on going without a hitch. Great little shooter...

13. yogiboobooranger

Recoil

The recoil is not that bad..in fact, it is less than my Kahr .40 or other .40 cal handguns. The XD-S seems to recoil back into the hand more than it jumps up. It will remind you that you have a small gun in yours hands and after about a 100 rounds, I have had enough of it for a while. But, I am 62 and Arthur has set in so none of the small guns are great fun to shoot any more..pain wise that is.:rolleyes:

14. XDs45IWB

XDs45IWB New Member

Got my XDs about 6 weeks ago, after a 3-4 month wait at my LGS. They offered me a bi-tone two months earlier, but I wanted & waited for the black. This XDs is the first .45 I've ever owned or shot. Been shooting a Ruger 22/45 for about 5 yrs, and a SA XD 9mm 4" service model since March of this year. I received my CCW permit in Feb and the XDs is my first carry gun. That is my entire history with handguns (with rifles and & scatter guns I have a ~40 yr history).

Love my XDs. I have 50 rnds of FMJ (Win) and 50 rnds of JHP (Fed) down the pipe so far @ 8, 10, & 15 yrds. I'm still learning how to hold and shoot the bugger consistently. I tend to shoot low :eek:. I tried the smaller backstrap, but I was less accurate and the web between my thumb & forefinger took more of a beating, so I went back to the bigger backstrap. I have a 7 rnd mag, but I prefer the feeling of my pinky under the mag floorplate (and that's the way I'll carry). I havent made any changes or added any accessories to it. I do plan on switching out the front sight to the green fiber soon.

I have a Versacarry and a Remora no-clip, both IWB holsters that I'm trying out. Carrying is still a new concept & feeling, and I'm not totaly comfortable with either yet. A change to my dress is necessary, and the fact that 80% of the places I go I am not allowed to carry (work and kids schools) doesn't help.

I've rambled enough. Each paragraph could be it's own topic, sorry.

15. yogiboobooranger

The Remora is a great holster! I use it for quick runs out the door both IWB and in the pocket for carrying the XD-S

16. dondavis3

dondavis3 XD .45 Tactical

XD-S is a nice gun - I've haven't shot one, yet - but I want to.

I bought a S&W M&P Shield

It's a single stack of this gun a 9c that I used to carry

[​IMG]

Good gun.

:cool:

Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
  17. xd45

xd45 Banned

I HAVE HAD A FEW BUT REALLY LOVE THE SC40

all have been great, i dont think you could go wrong with any of them

18. Balota

Balota Sometimes lucky! Supporter

I heard something the other day from a guy who should know what he's talking about. He's an IDPA Sharpshooter and Safety Officer Instructor.

He said that most semi-auto handguns are designed so that if there is a severe overpressure in the chamber, the relief will blow out through the magazine well. He said that is the safety reason NOT to cup under the gun. An overpressure relief would blow your weak hand off! :eek:

If that's right, it would blow your pinky off. You might look into some of the pinky extensions to replace the stock floorplate. I think someone has them out on the market now. You get a better, safer grip on the gun which gives less recoil.

When I tried the XDs 45, I could only get 2 fingers on the gun and it felt funny to me. I use the pinky extension on my 9mm Compact and I'd definitely use one if I had a 9mm Subcompact.

19. Ponyboy

Ponyboy Junior Member

I went with the sub compact .40, perfect for carry.

20. MrT

MrT New Member

Hi

I own an XDm 3.8, 9mm. Awesome gun! I have many other types and calibers, and tend to shoot them all regularly (ammo permitting). The 9mm XDm has quickly become my favorite, it took the spot previously occupied by the Taurus PT92. I am seriously considering getting a smaller CCW version of the XD, not sure which one yet. Of course I am also looking into a 6" 357 for fun. It's always good to add to your collection. i will post some pics soon.