I'm just curious

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by zeusGT, Feb 6, 2013.

1. zeusGT

zeusGT New Member

Why are the Springfield Armory XDM's so much more expensive than the Glocks. I'm not trying to start any type of war or anything, but I am curious if they are both if not close to the same reliability, materials and feel, then why would one be so much more expensive than the other?

2. RibEye

RibEye Steak Medium Rare

* possibly due to the high demand at the moment ??

3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Manufacturing costs.....

4. RibEye

RibEye Steak Medium Rare

what he said

5. threetango

threetango Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Who says there the same in reliability materials and feel.
    I have 2 Glocks and prefer the Springers overall 2-1 for just the reasons you stated.

JMO:D

6. wmruss

wmruss New Member

If Im correct the M version of the xd hasnt been on the market all that long so Im sure that has something to do with it,,plus as mentioned,,DEMAND allows it some. I love and will always and only buy SA-XDs other than my Beretta I use for plinking.

7. zeusGT

zeusGT New Member

I own three Glocks and I have a special place in my heart for them. Now, with that being said, I have another spot in my heart (albeit a little bigger and growing) for the XDM's. My gosh I love the feel, look and options that you have from Springfield Armory. I LOVE the 3.3 XDs 45 single stacker!! Oh my gosh!!!!

I'm already lusting after the XDM 4.5 .40 S&W that was sitting next to the XDM 9mm that I bought Saturday. I cannot get over how gorgeous the Bi Tone Olive and Stainless steel looks! Oh my Gosh.

Like I said, I'm growing a huge spot in my heart for the Springfield Armory XDM's & XDs. I'm more than certain that I will be buying the other XDM next week and I'm still waiting on my XDM 4.5 .45ACP to come in.

I thought I got bit by the Glock bug, but it looks like I'm bit pretty hard by the XDM bug.

Attached Files:

8. yogiboobooranger

yogiboobooranger New Member

Make no mistake, I am a Glock fan BUT!! I owned SA XD handguns long before I got into Glock. I like the XD handguns and most recently purchased an XDm 3.8 .45acp. Prior to that, I bought the XD-S. With those purchases, I have put the Glocks away, desiring the feel and quality of the SA XD handguns. The XD-S put me over the edge as it is the best in size, power, and shootability for any pocketable handgun. And the XDm is a very nice shooter and conceal carry gun. The prices of the XDm guns reflect the quality of them as well. You get so much more for your money. Just open the case of a Glock and a XDm. , and see the difference. I will always have a Glock or two but now primarily carry the SA XD's.

9. Yooper

Yooper Junior Member

I was going to say the XD is a superior gun, however I guess that has already been established.

Aim Small Miss Small!

10. zeusGT

zeusGT New Member

I agree with you 100%. I was doing exactly what you suggested and I pulled out my Glock 31 and compared it to the XDM 9mm. Box to box, the options that you receive were out weighed by the XDM. You get a gun holster (great holster for beginners and range), two magazines, magazine loader, magazine holster, lock, extra grip backs and cleaning rod. With the Glock you get a magazine loader, two magazines, lock and cleaning rod. I suppose with the extra options you are saving money by going with the XDM in favor of the options that come with it. If you went out and purchased all the other options for the Glock (albeit I'm sure you would purchase a little bit better holster), I'm sure it would come out to be more than the XDM.

Honestly, it doesn't matter to me. The Glock feels great in my hands and so does the XDM. I love the aftermarket options that you have with the Glock, but I love the craftsmanship of the SA XDM. Both are excellent choices and you can't go wrong either way.

11. Blindstack

Blindstack New Member

I must have really lucked up then. I new I was getting one hell of a deal but now i am even more excited. My wife and I just purchased our XDm 3.8 .40s less than a month ago. Both brand new with the entire briefcase kit...you know...extra mag, paddle holster, mag pouch etc. We paid $599 each for them.

for the record, Glocks we looked at, if they even had them in stock were more expensive. I took my wife out expecting to buy her a Glock and myself an H&K. We fired 2 glocks, an FNH, an H&K, S&W M&P and the XDm. All in .40 S&W. I was in shock. We both LOVED the XDm more than any other, and that was before i knew the cost. I was looking at 1k plus for the H&K and price wasn't part of the decision process for us. Not saying this should be your standard for deciding but this was ours: 1. Are we comfortable firing it? Did it feel controllable? 2. Ease of firing/aiming. 3. Reliability. Will it work when we need it, not just when it's convenient.

Hands down, the XDm took it.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  12. Colt45

Colt45 New Member

A couple of years ago I was working the other side of the counter at the LGS and got the itch for a hi cap 9mm (cheaper to shoot than 45) well between customers looking at a polymer pistol (Glock,XD,SR9,24/7 & M&P) I got to handle them, a lot. Being a 1911 guy, guess which one was closest to one:rolleyes: + I have 2 S.A. 1911'S with no issues. I bought the XDm 9 4.5 and recently got the 45 Tactical (really love that big 13rd .45) with the thumb safety.

I had several customers that couldn't decide between the Glock & XD, I got them to close their eyes and place the 2 pistols side by side and let them pick them up,now which one feels better in your hand I would ask them? The XD won out 3 out 4 times!

I've never owned a Glock and the only one I'd even think about getiing it would be the G-20 10mm, come on S.A. help a loyal XD fan out here yould ya! Make a 5" 10mm 15rd XDm.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  13. Yooper

Yooper Junior Member

I may be partial but I just can't wrap my head around a Glock. I'm a Springfield man from my 1903 in 30-338 Win. Mag. to my .45 XDm and XDs.

Aim Small Miss Small!