Is the Bushmaster an Assault rifle Poll

Discussion in 'Second Amendment & Legal' started by chuckusaret, Dec 19, 2012.

1. chuckusaret

chuckusaret Member

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2012
  2. chuckusaret

chuckusaret Member

Gee, a lot of viewers but doesn't appear anyone voted.

3. artbrownsr

artbrownsr New Member

I know nothing more than it LOOKS LIKE an AR type of rifle, with the stated cal. being .22 the barrel could be mistaken for the 5.53mm/.223 centerfire. I know that several WWII rifles had .22 copies to teach function and fire discipline on a cheaper basis. This answer however does not answer YOUR QUESTION. I'm biased as assault weapons to me mean fully automatic continuous fire as long as the trigger is depressed firearms.

4. chuckusaret

chuckusaret Member

I agree an assualt rifle has select fire capabilities

5. chuckusaret

chuckusaret Member

The poll stands at: 66% NO it is not an assault rifle and 34% yes it is.....I doubt that Ed will ever make mention of the poll results because I am sure he thought his left wing audience would overwhelmingly vote Yes, that it was an assault rifle. But there again MSNBC has the lowest percentage of viewing audience of any of the networks.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
  6. threetango

threetango Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I would also say it's not an assault weapon.

An assault rifle is a select-fire (either fully automatic or burst capable) .

7. Teddybear

Teddybear New Member

It is not an assault rifle.

8. chuckusaret

chuckusaret Member

Another thing is why in discussing the Sandy Hook School shooting would MSNBC run a poll on a weapon that was not used in the shootings? MSMBC again has attempted to mislead their viewers. I attempted to contact every person on their list of contacts but did not receive a Mail Received return nor have I received a reply of any type.

9. SeventiesWreckers

SeventiesWreckers Load Bearing Wall

Until the 90's I never heard, or used the term assault rifle, or assault weapon.

If we called the M16-A1 anything other than M16, it was just "Rifle" , or sometimes "Battle Rifle". Assault was still a verb.

Voting's at 68% no. They likely won't use the poll if it doesn't fit the bias.

10. threetango

threetango Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Maybe they will release these.

[​IMG]