Just took my CCW safety class today!

Discussion in 'Conceal & Open Carry' started by zeusGT, Feb 23, 2013.

1. zeusGT

zeusGT New Member

I got the pleasure of taking my CCW safety class today and IT WAS AWESOME! I loved every minute of it and I fully agree that it should be mandatory that everyone who is seeking to open or conceal take this course. I might even go as far as to say that I would recommend that you take this class if you are purchasing a firearm.

The laws were clearly explained as well as the risks involved with firing your weapon in justified self defense. They also taught you the proper technique of holding, firing and follow through with a firearm. A must if you have never fired a firearm before. I learned quite a lot and I am glad I went to this class.

I got to finally shoot my XDm 9mm today and my gosh it was the most pleasant shooting handgun I have shot. It felt virtually as if there was no recoil and the shots were dead on with the exception of the single left handed shots that were required (we won't worry about those little fellows that strayed the group).

I am HOOKED on the XD line. I sold all my Glocks with the exception of the Glock 31 that I plan to keep because I love the .357 sig. I took the money that I sold my Glocks for and bought XD's. My next venture is getting the XDm .40 and then the .45. I just have to find the time to get out there.

Here is my target that I shot to qualify. 50 rounds. I'm pretty excited.

Attached Files:

2. artbrownsr

artbrownsr New Member

Wow, That's good shooting!

3. zeusGT

zeusGT New Member

Thank you so much! That was my first time shooting in over 20 years. It was great!

4. roogie

roogie XD(m) owner

Great job, glad your class was enjoyable as well.

roog

5. glock26USMC

glock26USMC New Member Supporter