Marlin Firearms Thread

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by SHOOTER13, Oct 16, 2012.

1. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Here's a place to discuss and share pictures of your Marlin firearms...

=================================================

Pictured below is my favorte Marlin rimfire rifle...a Model 80C bolt action that is dated circa 1960.

[​IMG]

She is chambered for .22 short / long / long rifle...and is "clip" fed.

2. 911JB

911JB New Member

OK lets break the ice on the Marlin thread.
    Here is a pic of my model 795 that I installed into a M-1 carbine stock.

[​IMG]

3. 911JB

911JB New Member

Here is another pic. This one is my model 60 in a boyds thumbhole stock, sporting a 4-16x40 scope.

[​IMG]

4. 911JB

911JB New Member

OK, just one more for now. Can you tell I am a fish fan? hahaha.

This is my most accurate Marlin. Model 25.

[​IMG]

5. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa New Member

Nice rifles ya got there JB. The one in the M1 stock reminds me of a Marlin Mod 99 M1 that I had some years ago. It came with the wood on the top o fhte barel. Didn't use them much after I got a few 10/22s. The 60s are accurate and reliable as hell. Nice stock on that one too.

Here is a pic of a Marlin 336 lever gun in .35 Rem. Got it in a swap a few months ago. It is in perfect condt. with a 3X9X32 Simmons on it. It is best with bullets in the 150 to 200 gr. weight range. Crossbolt safety model, walnut stock. Probably won't use it much cause I have rifles more suited to the task, but it was too nice to pass up in the swap.

[​IMG]

6. SHOOTER13

"...Got it in a swap"

PV could talk the Pope outta his big hat !!

7. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa New Member

Just swapped the guy a Marlin .22 mag for it that I had bought for a bill off a friend of mine. The guy that had this rifel never used it and he gave me 5 boxes of ammo with it.

Actually not the Pope, but I did sell a gun to the Bishop of the Diocese once. Guy was known for going to gunshows and buying birdguns. Talked him into buying a Mossy 500 with a cut off barrel that I got cheap. Told him it would make a great quail gun. He said he could put an ivector choke on it or something like that. That would do it for him. Did for me too. When I told my dad about it, he said I should have donated it to the church. I told himi I gave enough on Sunday.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2012
  8. SHOOTER13

OK then...PV could talk the Bishop out of his red skullcap...;)

9. chuckusaret

chuckusaret Member

Sorry no pictures. i purchased a LNIB Glenfield Marlin w/scope and a LNIB Marlin 99M1, both appear to be unfired, at an estate sale. I think I got a good deal, $120 for both.

10. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa New Member

That would have worked for me.

11. SHOOTER13

Awesome score chuck !!

12. 911JB

911JB New Member

Thats a smokin deal!

JB

13. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa New Member

Here are a couple more Marlins. The top one is my personal favorite. A Marlin 882V in .22 magnum, stainless and poly, 7 round detachable mag, bolt action with a 4X Simmons on it. I had to give thin one a name. I call it the "Javenator." Ihave taken close to 20 javelina with this around the rancho, some in the yard annoying the dogs and a few at the inlaws house down the road. I had another with a heavy barrel that I got from a buddy cheap. It was heavy and not as accurate as this one so I traded it for a lever action 336 a few months ago. Also got rid of a Marlin9 917V in the 12 Hummer cause it was too heavy and I never used it either. This one is light and will do it. Knocks the little rodents on their azzes.

The second, wood and blue one is a pretty old Marlin Mod 81DL in .22 S, L, LR. This old gun belonged to the wife's grandfather. He was given the rifle in trade for a tank of gas at the service station that he owned and ran back in the 60s. About half the buttshock was in flood water in at least one hurricane and the buttplate cracked from the stock swelling. It has a 2.5X Weaver scope from that period on it. By the time the F in law got it in the 80s, it was pretty rough.Then the F in law lost the 18 round mag Tube when he inheritied it. I found another one, but a late model one with only 14 rounds, so I had to cut down the mag tube to fit. Also got a new buttplate. Now that the F in law is in the nursing home, I have it. It sitll works great and is very accurate.
    . [​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. SHOOTER13

Damn PV...you've been holding out on me !

15. 911JB

911JB New Member

I was going through some old pics and found these. Here are some of the marlins I had over the years.

22 family photo.
    [​IMG]

A pair of 12g shotguns. The scoped one was my deer gun. It has a fully rifled and ported barrel.
    [​IMG]

Here is that shotgun in the woods during deer season.
    [​IMG]

22s again.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Compairing the 795 I built to my actual m-1 carbine.
    [​IMG]

Finish the inlet but before staining.
    [​IMG]

Here is a pic just before I started that project.
    [​IMG]

The only 2 pieced semi auto 22 marlin made. Model 49 if I remember right.
    [​IMG]

16. 911JB

911JB New Member

Free floating a barrerl on a Marlin boltaction.
    [​IMG]

Adding the white spacer to the butplate just to add a little extra touch.
    [​IMG]

Spacer finished.
    [​IMG]

Finished rifle.
    [​IMG]

OK thats enough for now. I will post more if I find any. hahaha.

JB

17. SHOOTER13

Wow...awesome colllection JB !!

18. 911JB

911JB New Member

Thanks Shooter. All but a handfull of what you see in that last pic are 22's. There are a few centerfire rifles on the far left. My shotguns and handguns are on other walls. Or at least they were bbefore I started downsixzng. At the time of these pics I had well over 100 firearms in my collection.

JB