Military Bracing for Frankenstorm.

Discussion in 'Law Enforcement & Military' started by threetango, Oct 29, 2012.

1. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

My preparations...

My family is experiencing Hurricane Sandy first hand, being 20 miles NW of center city Philadelphia...and even though the storm has been buffeting our region, we as a family have been prepared for disaster for years, having bought and stored the essentials such as food, water, candles, batteries, plywood, tarps, guns/ammo and a 7500 WATT 13 HP generator with 6.6 fuel tank with 30 gallons of extra gas and power strips. All three of our SUVs are also gassed up....and bug-out bags standing by !!

[​IMG]

Specs:

2-AC Duplex 120V Outlets, 1-120V Twist-Lock Outlet, 1-120/240V Twist-Lock Outlet, 1-12V DC

Full load fuel consumption (gallons/hour) 0.64

Rated wattage continuous (watts) 6000

Rated wattage peak (watts) 7500

2. threetango

threetango Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Looks like you're on the way to being prepared. If you're like me there's always something I forgot.

Nothing but clouds and wind here in S.C.

3. SHOOTER13

Yea...there is always something you find you'll need...

I'm adding to my prep list constantly !!

4. JLBIII

JLBIII Junior Member

Uff up here in NH it's been like the 4th of July, transformers blowing up all over the place. I've seen 3 of them blow in the last hour or so, fortunately ours across the street is still working so we're a little bastion of light in an otherwise dark, wet, and windy world.

Joe

5. threetango

6. SHOOTER13

This is SHOOTER13 reporting:

Well, my area weathered the worst that Sandy could muster with flying colors...

other than a major cleanup of limbs and branches...my few block radius went basically

unscathed...we lost cable TV and cable Internet from about midnite to 10 this morning...

and off in the distance our far neighbors are still without power, as I seen no lights last night

from my hilltop vantage point...and still hear their generators chugging this afternoon. I just

got back in from about four hours worth of picking up wood and leaves...but everyone is still

breathing.

That's all for now...this is SHOOTER13 reporting from SE Pennsylvania... wishing everyone good luck with their cleanup !!

Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
  7. threetango

Glad you came through that mess ok. Some are still feeling the affects.