National Rifle Association

Discussion in 'Second Amendment & Legal' started by SHOOTER13, Oct 16, 2012.

1. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

I'm a firm believer in the 2nd Amendment to the US Constitution as enumerated in the Bill of Rights adopted on December 15, 1791.

As passed by the Congress:
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
    As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:
    "A well regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Also...the Pennsylvania Constitution, which predates the United States Constitution, reads: "The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned."

This is why I'm a Life Member of the NRA since 1977 !!

Anyone else a member of an organization that stands behind the 2nd Amendment...?!

2. JimA

JimA New Member

I'm "all in" for the NRA...

3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Every able bodied citizen who can should VOTE...!!

[​IMG]

4. XD40

XD40 XD Member

Im curious and new to this site...lets say the government passes a bill to basically ban guns...now with our 2nd amandmend right would we legally be able to deny surrendering our fire arms without facing charges in a court of law? Either way they aren't taking my fire arm but i was just curious..

5. Becca

Becca New Member

If you don't vote - don't ------- !! It's not that your opinion doesn't matter but give it where it does!

6. glock26USMC

glock26USMC New Member Supporter

Proud member of the NRA !!!

7. Becca

Becca New Member

They can't remove what is grandfathered in. Technically. Hence our faith and support of the NRA. They make sure we keep what is already ours.

The mindset is that legal citizens are being held accountable for the idiot lawbreakers. It's a catch 22 that won't fly. We aren't the problem. The criminals and those who obtain arms illegally are the problem. Always have been and always will be. It's almost as hard as regulating the Internet but not impossible with the right plan. It just takes time.

8. thepunk88

thepunk88 Premium Member

I've been a member for last couple of years just renewed mine again actually one of these days ill have enough spare cash for the life membership

9. Kano

Kano Junior Member

10. Colt45

Colt45 New Member

Since the Mrs. just bought her 1st gun, gonna get her to sign up next pay peroid. Kind of "shot the wad" with gun purchase and reloading kit + 2 boxes of ammo this time around:eek:

11. dutchs

dutchs New Member

Signed up for Lifetime last month. Every gun owner who can afford it should. This is not the AARP...its truly our best defense other than our guns.

12. chuckusaret

chuckusaret Member

I am a annual payer, never thought I'd live this long, but I am paid thru 2017. Hopefully I'll be here to renew again.