New toy

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by 911JB, Jan 26, 2013.

1. 911JB

911JB New Member

Well once again going to work cost me money, hahahaha.

Today this Marlin 25mn DU SS came into the shop and as soon as I seen it I knew it was going home with me. For thise that dont know this is a 22mag.

Judging from the lack of wear and lack of scratches on the mag follower I would say this rifle dont have but a couple boxes run through it.

I cant waight to make the next trip to the range and give this old girl some loving.

I know I know, Pics or it didn't happen.

JB

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Colt45

Colt45 New Member

Varmits of Iowa, be very afraid.

3. 911JB

911JB New Member

Is it bad that one reason I brought it home is because I was cleaning my gun room and ran across 10 boxes of 22mag ammo I forgot all about? Hahahahaha

Another reason is because its a DU and my marlin 25n [the 22LR version of the same rifle] is a ducks unlimited. If you wearn't able to tell, I am also a fish gun[Marlin} fan.

JB

4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Ducks Unlimited version huh...?!

Very nice ( and clean ) JB !!

Any idea how many of this special edition were made...??

5. 911JB

911JB New Member

No idea how many of the DU's were made shooter. However I also own a 25n [22LR] that is a DU.

JB

6. 911JB

911JB New Member

Heres a pic of my Marlin 25n DU.

[​IMG]

Alll 4 of these are Marlin bolt action 22's. The 25n DU is the second one down.

[​IMG]

JB

7. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

If I ever worked in a gun shop like you...well, I would probably starve for one thing ! :D

8. CallMaker

CallMaker Guest

Nice new toy. The one I had shot pretty well. Not as well as the .22 LR but minute of coyote easily.

9. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa New Member

I have a stainless .22 mag with the stainless finish scope and a black poly stock. I call it the "Javenator." I have killed over 15 javelinas with it since I got it. Longest shot was at 135 yds. Knocked a big boar on it's azz. Most of them come in the yard and challenge the the dogs. Then I have to get rid of them or they tear the dogs up. I had the heavy SSV, but didn't find it any more accurate than the standard one so I traded it.

Had a 917V for a long while, but never used it on anything but paper punching. Always went for the .22 mag when the pesky rodents came up to annoy the dogs. Finally traded it too. I do still have an old 81 DlX in .22 LR with a tube feed mag. It is deadly accurate. I just don't use it much. Prefer .the .22 mag.