Public Mass Murder...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by SHOOTER13, Dec 17, 2012.

1. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

My 2 cents...

One of these days the liberals that run this country and teach our children will WAKE UP to the realities of the world we live in today !! WE are surround by enemies, both foreign and domestic that seek to destroy everything we have built and stand for !!

And there is no law, no legislation, no words...NO STOPPING the people who wish to bring down our way of life. All firearm manufacture could stop tomorrow...all ammo manufacture could stop tomorrow...and there would still be a will and a way for our enemies to try to destroy US. This is the way of the world we live in today...and just about every nation on the planet, save one...the United States...has learned that harsh lesson and begun to deal with it. Every airport in the world save the ones in the United States ( pre 911 ) have had armed guards stationed...just about every school in Europe, South America, Mexico and countless other places protect their children with private and public armed security...Israel has been doing this since they came into existence...and WE, as a nation, should also learn this lesson !!

This is the world we live in...everyday I wake up and strap on because I know this is what needs to be done to protect ME and MINE...

IT'S ABOUT TIME THE REST OF THIS COUNTRY GOT ON BOARD WITH THE PROGRAM !!!!!

WAKE UP AMERICA...OUR ENEMIES WANT TO DESTROY US...FROM WITHIN...AND THEY ARE SUCCEEDING BECAUSE WE FAIL TO ACT AS A UNIFIED COUNTRY.

That is all...carry on !!

2. threetango

threetango Moderator Staff Member Moderator

It's not just the enemies, it's also one's with mental problems and some of them with not many outward signs and others that are just plain evil.

Look for the gun control freaks to be all over this one ..

3. Balota

Balota Sometimes lucky! Supporter

The laws preventing concealed or open carry in a school do not protect the children as the authors of those laws claimed when those laws were written. They only ensure that the nearest armed response to a lunatic is many minutes away.

A teacher (or other adult) on the scene with a concealed weapon would still be unable to save the first child. Probably unable to save even the first few.

But if that concealed weapon could save even ONE of them, it would be worth every penny spent on the permit, the gun, the ammo, the holster, the training. It would be worth the nightmares that may follow the taking of a life, even in justifiable defense.

How can that concept be so hard for bleeding heart liberals to get?

4. chuckusaret

chuckusaret Member

Isn't it odd that you seldom read about a person, other than on the NRA site, where a person used a gun in self defense successfully or otherwise.

5. threetango

threetango Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Not odd, media slant.
    Much bigger news when a bad thing happens.

6. Balota

Balota Sometimes lucky! Supporter

The 12 year old in Oklahoma that defended herself made national news with some followups locally. Also in Oklahoma, there was a single mom (widowed by Afghanistan) who had to pull the trigger on a dirtbag breaking down her front door. She also made national news. Here's a link from CBSNews.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...nley-wont-face-charges-for-shooting-intruder/

But you're right in general. Unless the area is already very gun friendly, the media will not publish anything pro-gun, pro-2A, pro-selfdefense...

Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
  7. tazo2503

tazo2503 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

The tragic incident in Connecticut has unfortunately added more fuel to the fire for those who lobby in favor of even greater gun control. Sadly, in my opinion, they're missing the mark.

My family and myself are Christians. I'm not trying to push an agenda, but rather I'm hoping to point out, that with that (our Biblical principles) comes a "mind set", and certain values along with it.

When I look at the individual involved in the recent tragedy in Newtown, Ct., I can draw parallels between he and my son, (only son, 18 years old, youngest of 3). Like the young man in Connecticut, my son is (very) familiar with firearms. In fact, in spite of his age he has guns that are his own, although legally speaking they belong to me. He, (my son), could access any of the firearms we own if he really wanted to, however he's not going to kill my wife, myself, or anyone else!

Chances are that we may never know the 20 years of circumstances that led up to, and culminated with, the events that took place that horrific day. However, I can't get away from the thought that "indicators" may have been missed along the way. I understand that that may come down to his mother "turning a blind eye". Just saying what occurs to me...

Last edited: Dec 19, 2012