Range Time this Friday and Sunday

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by RibEye, Jan 7, 2013.

1. RibEye

RibEye Steak Medium Rare

will be heading to http://www.elmfork.com/ this sunday

to shoot my buddys xd-40 and other various firearms

cant wait to check it out see the comparison

Springfield XD Sub-Compact --------------Glock 27
    Caliber: 40S&W----------------------- CALIBER .40
    Barrel: 3” Steel, Melonite,-------------- BARREL LENGTH 3.46 in.
    Trigger pull: 5.5 - 7.7 lbs. ------------- TRIGGER PULL 5.5 lbs.
    Slide Length: 6.25” ------------------- OVERALL LENGTH 6.29 in.
    Height: 4.75” w/ Compact Mag -------- HEIGHT 4.17 in.
    26 ozs. w/ Compact Mag,-------------- LOADED 26.98 oz.
    Capacity : 9+1 RDS; 12+1 RDS -------- CAPACITY: 9/11/13/15/17
    Width (unpublished) approx. 1.2 ------- WIDTH 1.18 in.

Attached Files:

2. SeventiesWreckers

SeventiesWreckers Load Bearing Wall

Sounds like fun. Little guns with big cartridges. So your a left handed shooter?

3. glock26USMC

glock26USMC New Member Supporter

sounds like a great time is headed your way, I will be looking for a range report after completion :)

4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Yea...can't wait to hear the range report myself !!

5. RibEye

RibEye Steak Medium Rare

Roger that

6. RibEye

RibEye Steak Medium Rare

yeah , initially i was right

But my buddy noticed(local LAW enforcement) I tilted my head to the right , advised me to try my left hand - * i keep both eyes open

I got MUCH better Grouping - when i pull left

now i am RIGHT handed

when i shoot pool - i hold the stick left handed - i can shoot pool with the RIGHT - but I don't feel as comfie

when i play Galaga , i would hold the control with my left and fire button crossed to my left .

odd yes?
    but i feel much more comfie when I draw left -

7. SeventiesWreckers

SeventiesWreckers Load Bearing Wall

My Grandfather shot both right & left, but had just a bit more dexterity with his left. He favored the old style single action Colt revolvers, holstered for a right hand draw, but he would fan them while firing from the hip, using his left hand to top the hammer. He also would switch back & forth, right to left, when firing a bolt action rifle from a rest.

I naturally copied him, and discovered that if I was firing a right handed bolt action rifle, as a lefty, working the bolt with my right hand, and using my left hand on the trigger, I could easily double a normal rate of fire, and sometimes go even a bit faster. This would be from a benchrest of course, where you didn't need to use either hand to support the forestock. Being able to work the bolt with your right, and pull the trigger with your left opens up some interesting possibilities, and later on in life I won a passable share of bets as to how many accurate, well aimed shots a rifleman could actually put downrange in 6 seconds, at 80 yards. Something I seriously doubt The Warren Commission ever gave any consideration to.

Congratulations on your dexterity. Being able to put accurate, aimed fire downrange, shooting right or left is a worthy accomplishment, and can come in handy if things are going badly someday.

8. RibEye

RibEye Steak Medium Rare

thank you seventies , .. really crappy weather here in texas at the moment ... i hope it clears up before this friday

Attached Files:

9. RibEye

RibEye Steak Medium Rare

wooo!!! brisky AM well hit the gym up today , then grub

Going to just bring 4 today two semi's two revolvers , attempting to catch Zero Dark Thirty @ 12
    1. SpringField 1911
    2. G27 sub .40
    3. S&W .357
    4 . Springfield .38 spcl
    I have a buddy coming along , attempting to pass down good knowledge on how to handle a firearm safely .

have a good day gents -

T

10. filmtex

filmtex New Member

The weather is quite a bit better here in South Texas, judging by the shot through your windshield, though still a bit chilly! I hope to hit the range tomorrow with my new XD-40 SC. WIth any luck my wife will join me with her LCP.

11. Yooper

Yooper Junior Member

Had a little time at range Fri. with SKS and XDM. allways a good time and picked up some neglected brass and gave it a good home.

Aim small miss small!

12. RibEye

RibEye Steak Medium Rare

Meant to post this on my Thread

13. RibEye

RibEye Steak Medium Rare

Range - was MUDDY as can be - and Targets did not stay ( bring own thumb tacks or staple gun ) ... hence G town Range .

1. G27 - Grouping was OKAY - not proud on the first couple of Mags .
    2. 1911 - Grouping was better of course -
    3. .38 - as good as short range can get
    4. .357 on point -

I think I need to work on my carry , not bring as many calibers next time - Sunday was a no go , baby boy has an ear infection and fever .
    Looks like Ill need to go to indoor to accurately give a Range report -

Targets went down after a strong wind gust - ... sucks to wait for the Range Master to change targets