Ruger Firearms Takes a Stand on Gun Control

Discussion in 'Second Amendment & Legal' started by SHOOTER13, Jan 12, 2013.

1. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/#

Please click the above link and follow the instructions to write your elected officials instantly with a form letter...

=========================================

Dear (Recipients),

I am a law-abiding citizen and responsible gun owner.

I am saddened by the tragic events in Newtown, Connecticut, but I believe that efforts to impose new restrictions on me and other lawful and responsible owners like me are misguided. Did you know that violent crime with firearms has declined since the Federal "assault weapons ban" expired in 2004?

Your focus should be on strengthening mental health care and improving the quality of data supporting NICs checks (National Instant Criminal Background Check System). Do NOT pass more gun laws; instead, work to enforce the more than 20,000 gun laws already on the books.

I am your constituent and I vote. Please represent me.
    Sincerely, (Your Name)

=======================================

Your message for "Gun Owner: Call to Action" was sent on 01/12/2013 13:40 PM to the following recipients:

LeAnna Washington (D-PA),
    Steve McCarter (D-PA),
    Tom Corbett (R-PA),
    Jim Cawley (R-PA),
    William Ryan (R-PA),
    Rep. Allyson Schwartz (D-PA),
    President Barack Obama,
    Vice President Joseph Biden,
    Sen. Patrick Toomey (R-PA),
    Sen. Bob Casey (D-PA)

Thank you for taking action on this important issue.

==========================================

DONE !!

2. glock26USMC

glock26USMC New Member Supporter

Your message for "Gun Owner Call to Action" was sent on 01/12/2013 12:50 PM to the following recipients:

Michael Skindell (D-OH)
    Nicholas Celebrezze (D-OH)
    John Kasich (R-OH)
    Mary Taylor (R-OH)
    Mike DeWine (R-OH)
    Rep. Marcy Kaptur (D-OH)
    President Barack Obama
    Vice President Joseph Biden
    Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-OH)
    Sen. Rob Portman (R-OH).

=================================================

DONE

3. threetango

threetango Moderator Staff Member Moderator

4. Colt45

Colt45 New Member

President Barack Obama (D), Vice President Joseph Biden (D), Sen. Mark Warner (D-VA), Sen. Tim Kaine (D-VA), Rep. J. Randy Forbes (R-VA), Gov. Bob McDonnell (R-VA), Lt. Gov. William Bolling (R-VA), Sen. Harry Blevins (R-VA), Del. S. Chris Jones (R-VA), Atty. General Ken Cuccinelli (R-VA)

Waiting on replys.

5. 911JB

911JB New Member

Good to see Ruger is on our side this time.

JB

6. Colt45

Colt45 New Member

1st back and as follows:

Dear Friend,
    Thank you for taking the time to share your views and experiences with me.
    If you need assistance resolving a specific problem with a federal agency, please contact my office at 703-442-0670 or toll free at 1-877-676-2759. Otherwise, please be assured that we are reading and responding to your comments and opinions as fast as we can.
    As the 112th Congress moves forward, please continue to be in touch with your views.

Sincerely,
    MARK R. WARNER
    United States Senator

7. threetango

and !!!!!!!!

8. Colt45

Colt45 New Member

He is SUPPOSED to be a pro gun Democrat, Tim Kaine newly elected to Senate (D) in Va recieved an F- from the NRA. The Commonwealth of Virginia is run by Republicians Gov Bob McDonald & Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli (running for Gov this year) are soild Pro gun along with my House Rep Randy Forbes. This is turning into one hell of a fight nationwide.

9. gormen

gormen New Member

Not bad. Sends out to everyone.

10. Colt45

Colt45 New Member

From My House Rep. (R) Randy Forbes. He's on our side pro 2nd amendment

January 22, 2013​

Dear Mr. Colt45:

As 2012 came to a close, America suffered some of her deepest grief. Hours after the news of the Sandy Hook shooting, I penned my first reaction to the news, linked here if you have not yet read it. Now, in the weeks and months that follow, Americans continue to have heavy hearts many questions.

Following the tragedy in Newtown, Connecticut, concerns have been raised regarding limitations being placed on the right to bear arms under the Second Amendment, including new legislation and federal regulations that seek to restrict legal access to certain weapons. In this debate, lawmakers will examine how we pursue the shared goal of keeping guns out of the hands of criminals and the mentally ill, while preserving the rights of law-abiding citizens.

Additionally, the President’s White House commission, led by Vice President Biden, made their recommendations to the President after reviewing current gun control laws. On Wednesday, January 16, President Obama took 23 executive actions with the stated purpose to curb gun violence in the United States, and called on Congress to take action legislatively to pass his additional proposals. His proposal focused on restrictions on certain firearms, background checks, increased safety in schools, and addressing mental health. Many of the initiatives discussed cannot be initiated without legislative action by Congress.

While no one condones the purchase and use of guns by felons or other high-risk individuals to perpetrate any crime, we must not improperly hamper the right of law-abiding citizens to bear or purchase arms, or infringe upon rights guaranteed under the Constitution.

Finally, as a nation, we must work to improve our plans and priorities to keep our children safe at school, and determine whether we have the appropriate processes and resources in place to handle serious mental health issues. In my online survey following the tragedy at Sandy Hook, most (4820 out of 6557) responded that the shooting demonstrates the need to improve mental health screening and support.

Addressing these issues will be a comprehensive process and I believe it should be one marked by open dialogue, sincere listening, and the absence of political posturing. I believe America will be stronger if we work together - despite our differences - to pursue policies to prevent such a tragedy from happening again. As we move from a state of grieving into a stage of introspection and examination, I look forward to your continued voice in this discussion.

Yours truly,

J. RANDY FORBES
    Member of Congress

JRF:TW

Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  11. threetango

Now, that explains it.

12. XdmGreek

XdmGreek OPPA

This is the response I got from Illinois Senator Dick Durbin (D);

Dear Mr. Nikopoulos:

Thank you for contacting me about gun control measures in light of the shooting in Newtown, Connecticut. I appreciate hearing from you.

I share with all Americans a profound sense of sorrow at the senseless act of violence committed at Sandy Hook Elementary School. The nation mourns this event and many Americans wonder what can be done to prevent this type of tragedy in the future.

I am an original cosponsor of the Large Capacity Ammunition Feeding Device Act, which would reinstate a ban on magazines that can hold more than 10 rounds of ammunition. The ban on multi-round magazines expired along with the federal assault weapons ban in 2004.

The majority of Americans and the majority of thoughtful gun owners and hunters agree that there must be reasonable limits on gun ownership and weapons. We must institute common-sense limits, such as barring those with a history of mental instability, those with a history of violent crime or who are subject to restraining orders, and those whose names have been placed on a terrorist watch list from owning weapons. “Straw” purchasers and gun dealers should face firm penalties. There should be limits on how many firearms may be purchased in one month. Those who own firearms that are within the reach of children should have protective locks on their weapons.

The United States Supreme Court has raised questions about the Second Amendment and the protections and responsibilities under this Constitutional amendment. I plan to hold a Senate Judiciary Hearing in the Constitution, Civil Rights, and Human Rights Subcommittee to address this Constitutional question and how to forward on gun control.

My heart and prayers go out to the victims and their families in Newtown, Connecticut, as we remember the children and teachers who lost their lives.

Thank you again for contacting me. Please do not hesitate to keep in touch.

Sincerely,
    Richard J. Durbin
    United States Senator

13. Colt45

Colt45 New Member

2nd email from Mark Warner Senator (D) Virginia, looks like his is ready to flip-flop:mad:

Dear Mr. Colt45,

Thank you for contacting me to share your thoughts on the tragic events in Newtown, Connecticut and your views on gun control.

On December 14, 2012, 20 innocent children and six adults lost their lives in one of the worst, most tragic shootings to ever occur in the United States. As a parent of three daughters, this was the ultimate nightmare. Like the Virginia Tech and Columbine shootings, this tragedy unfolded in what was once regarded as a safe haven free of crime and violence: a school.

I am a strong supporter of the Second Amendment constitutional right of law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms. I own firearms and I have an "A" rating from the National Rifle Association. However, I also recognize that, like with many of our constitutional rights, our Second Amendment rights are not without limits. It is unfortunate that a tragedy of this magnitude is what is needed to prompt action, but we need to have a serious discussion on how to best avoid these kinds of mass shootings in the future. The status quo is not acceptable.

I believe our discussion should cover many issues. We can start by taking action on issues that enjoy widespread support, such as broadening background checks for gun purchases, ensuring all appropriate records are submitted into the background check database, and making improvements to our mental health system so we can provide help to those with dangerous mental illnesses before it is too late. In addition, I have received many comments from across the Commonwealth regarding the White House task force's recommendations to curb gun violence. I am actively reviewing these recommendations and will carefully consider related legislation as it is developed and introduced in the Senate. As I formulate my position, I urge you to continue to express your views.

Again, thank you for contacting me. For further information or to sign up for my newsletter please visit my website at http://warner.senate.gov.

Sincerely,
    MARK R. WARNER
    United States Senator

Now did anyone get an email from Dear Leader or Osama Bin Biden?

14. CallMaker

CallMaker Guest

Your message for "Gun Owner: Call to Action" was sent on 01/24/2013 06:05 PM to the following recipients: President Barack Obama (D), Vice President Joseph Biden (D), Sen. Maria Cantwell (D-WA), Sen. Patty Murray (D-WA), Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers (R-WA), Gov. Christine Gregoire (D-WA), Gov. Jay Inslee (D-WA), Lt. Gov. Brad Owen (D-WA), Sen. H. Robert Morton (R-WA), Sen. John Smith (R-WA), Rep. Joel Kretz (R-WA), Rep. Shelly Short (R-WA), Atty. General Bob Ferguson (D-WA), Atty. General Rob McKenna (R-WA).

15. threetango

Don't like his position.

16. CallMaker

CallMaker Guest

Dear Ed:

Thank you for your message regarding gun control.

I am very supportive of the Second Amendment and our right to bear arms. It is a fundamental right, and it is vital that we defend our citizens' responsibility to protect their lives, property, and livelihood.

Your comments on specific state legislation are appreciated.

Sincerely,

JOHN SMITH

State Senator

17. CallMaker

CallMaker Guest

Ed:

Thank you for your email. I am a strong supporter of our Second Amendment Rights, and I will do all I can to ensure that these rights are fully and completely retained.

I appreciate you taking the time to contact me,

Joel

JOEL KRETZ

Republican Deputy Leader

State Representative

District 7

18. Becca

Becca New Member

Smoke and mirrors without a firm stand for a fair resolve. We try and all I see here is "thank you, we'll handle it, have a nice day". If I'm wrong, tell me now and I'll shut up. But I won't stop thinking about getting the job done fairly.

19. threetango

Very few have been specific, typical politician.

20. XdmGreek

XdmGreek OPPA

This is the reply I received from Illinois Lt. Governor Mrs. Simon, also a Democrat.
    Dear Mr. Nikopoulos,

Thank you for contacting my office. I appreciate your thoughts regarding the Second Amendment rights of all Illinois residents.

Hunting is an important tradition across the state and in my native Southern Illinois, and as a former prosecutor and as Lt. Governor, I am committed to protecting our constitutional rights. But we also need to consider the effects of gun violence. Our efforts should focus on protecting both our constitutional rights and our safety.

My goal is to support measures that both reduce gun violence and protect the constitutional rights of law-abiding gun owners. As firearms legislation moves through the General Assembly, I expect that there will be a robust debate on these issues. I will continue to be involved in discussions that involve the safety of our citizens.

Thank you once again for your thoughts. It is important for me to maintain an active engagement with the public on all matters that affect our state. Please contact my office again at any time.

Sincerely,

Sheila Simon