Springfield other than XD

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by threetango, Oct 19, 2012.

1. threetango

threetango Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Springfield 1911 PX1909LP (Loaded) w/Wilson Combat mag and in a Blackhawk CQC OWB holster.

[​IMG]

2. opaww

opaww Banned

One of my Springers

Last edited: Jan 15, 2014

3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Here's my Springfield Armory M1 Garand...manufactured in November 1944. She is pictured with an original M1942 16" bayonet ( very rare...most were cut down to 10" ) and a repo M7 fragmentation grenade launcher.

[​IMG]

The M1 Garand (officially designated as United States Rifle, Caliber .30, M1), was the first semi automatic to be generally issued to the infantry of any nation. Called "the greatest battle implement ever devised" by General George S. Patton, the Garand officially replaced the bolt action M1903 Springfield as the standard service rifle of the United States Armed Forces in 1936 and was subsequently replaced by the selective fire M14 in 1957.

4. Teddybear

Teddybear New Member

My favorite Springfield Armory pistol.

[​IMG]

5. Colt45

Colt45 New Member

ahhhhhh 1911's

custom build on S.A. NM frame with lots of Wislon Combat parts
    [​IMG]

Colt officers model
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

All hail St. John Moses Browning
    Hi-Powers love their picture taken too. FN Belgium 1986 9mm
    S.A. GI 45ACP
    S.A. custom build 45acp
    S.A. Champion 45acp
    Colt Officers 45acp

6. bmstylee

bmstylee New Member

very nice shooter. that frag could be useful......for things like hunting.

7. SHOOTER13

Yea...I gotta squirrel problem....;)

8. Teddybear

Teddybear New Member

You mean liking to eat them?

9. SHOOTER13

No...I mean "the squirrels are destructive and I kill everyone I see" problem !

10. threetango

My Springfield Scout survival rifle.
    You don't see many of these around anymore.
    I added the paracord for grip.

[​IMG]

4- 410 shot shells and 15 22 LR kept in the top of the stock.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. SHOOTER13

I like that alot three...

Was just at a gun show in Philly on Saturday and looked at the Henry AR-7

[​IMG]

12. threetango

Interesting, what does it shoot, 22 ?

13. SHOOTER13

Eight rounds of .22 Long rifle...weighs in at 2.5 lbs

The famous Henry Survival Rifle, the latest incarnation of what was originally the U.S. Air Force AR-7 survival rifle. Originally, it was designed and manufactured by Eugene Stoner and The Armalite Corporation, then bought by Charter arms in 1973, so it has been known as the Armalite AR-7, the Charter Arms AR-7, or the AR-7 Explorer.

The Henry U.S. Survival rifle as it is now called, is currently manufactured by Henry Repeating arms in New York. It is an ultra-compact, ultra lightweight rifle that quickly dissassembles into 3 parts, and fits inside its own buttstock. The gun comes finished in camo, black, and silver. The buttstock will also accommodate two 8 round clips. No special tools are required to break down or assemble the weapon. Durability has been maximized by coating the internal parts, as well as the ABS covered steel barrel, with Teflon. The buttstock made from black polymer is marketed as waterproof and impervious to weather.

James Bond used it in "From Russia With Love" to kill a bad guy in a helicopter who was dropping grenades on him. He shoots the guy who fumbles the grenade in the cockpit and blows up the threat.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  14. threetango

Yep, the M6 Scout is an almost exact copy of the Air Force M6 survival rifle, issued from the 50's to the 70's.

The commercial model is nearly identical to the USAF version, though there are a couple of minor cosmetic differences. There is a removable trigger guard. The greatest change is that the commercial model has a barrel length of 18.25 inches (46.4 cm) instead of the 14 inches (36 cm) barrel length of the USAF version.

I do like that 410 squirrel and rabbit thumper and with the Winchester PDX1 with three plated Defense Disc projectiles and 12 pellets of plated BB shot, a good short range defense weapon .