Sturm Ruger Firearms Thread

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by SHOOTER13, Oct 16, 2012.

1. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

This thread is dedicated to the firearms produced by Sturm Ruger...please post a picture and share your thoughts on firearms designed and produced by Bill Ruger.

========================================================

Here's my Ruger Bisley Vaquero ( 2005 Old Model-Blackhawk frame ) chambered in .357 magnum, constructed of a bright finish stainess steel with faux ivory Bisley shooting grips. Even with the magnum full power loads, she is a pleasure to shoot. I sold two other Rugers ( a Security Six and a P89DC...both of which came into my possession for two hundred a piece ) to buy this single action beauty for $450 back in 2005.

[​IMG]

2. threetango

threetango Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ruger LCP

My little Elsie Pea w/crimson trace. :D

[​IMG]

3. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa New Member

O.K. Let's do some Rugahs!

From wawy back in 1977, my Super Blackhawk .44 mag. Gun is 7.5" blue with everything stock. No changes. You can handload these guns up to high pressures. Way more than my Smith 629. It's just kinda big to carry around alot.

[​IMG]

4. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa New Member

How about a short barreled .41 mag BlackHawk. I got this gun a couple of years after I got the Super BlkHK. The Super was just too much to carry around. The .41 has the lighter alloy receiver and ejector rod housing. It can also be handloaded really heavy with a 220 gr bullet. I was using 240 grs. in the Super. The gun was much easier to lug around in the field as a back up to a hunting rifle. Adjustable sights, stock grips. 6 rounds.

And in the 70s a Mod 29 S&W was near impossible to find afte the Dirty Harry movies. If ya found one, ya had to pay out the azz. So the .41 Ruger seemed to be the best alternative in a lighter and still powerful handgun in the south Texas brush.

[​IMG]

5. TALON

TALON New Member Supporter

LC9 with LaserMax.

[​IMG]

6. Teddybear

Teddybear New Member

Here's one of my favorite Ruger's. An old model 30 Carbine

[​IMG]

7. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa New Member

More Rugers anyone? Here is a Police Service Six in .357. Fixed sights, blue, 2 3/4" barrel, 6 rounds,Hogue rubber grips. Great as a backup for a rifle while hunting. Great house gun too.

[​IMG]

8. SHOOTER13

Nice Ruger pics gentlemen...!!

9. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa New Member

Gotta be some more Rugahs out there. For you .22 shooters out there. One of my staineless Ruger MKIIs. This one is @ 7" tapered bull target barrel with stock grips. Great shooter and still looks like new. Capacity is 10+1, SA only, adjustable sights, manual slide release with hold open on last shot, and has a bottom of the mag type mag release. Not much on the Ruger 22/45s. Didn't care for the poly frame. But that doesn't mean I wouldn't get one sometime in the future. It's still a Ruger, right?:D

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 21, 2012
  10. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa New Member

Or maybe one in blue flavor and quite a bit older, like 1977. It is another in @ 7' tapered bull target barrel. This however is a MKI with only 9+1 round capacity in .22 LR cal. It still has the mag release on the bottom of the mag or European style as some call it. MKIIs have the same. The newest MKIIIs have a thumb release now IIRC. This one only has a manual lock open, It does not lock open on the last shot like the MKIIs so there is no slide release lever. Gun is stock except for the grips maybe. Got original box and all paperwork with it. Only got this one in the last few months in a very fair swap, like I came out ahead. Traded one of those new fangled poly frame .22 autos for it that hardly ever ran right. The MKI feeds bulk pack Fed brand .22s like crap through a goose and it's way more accurate.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. SHOOTER13

Awesome PV...always wanted a Ruger .22 !!

12. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa New Member

If ya like those, here are a couple more. This one is a stainless 5.5" fat bull barrel target model. It is a MKII with the slide stop release, 10+1 round capacity and bottom of the mag type mag release. Adjustable sights, very accurate and feeds Remmy bulk pack .22s like crarp through a goose.

The other one is the one the wife keeps loaded by her bedside with 3 mags. It is a 4" MKII standard model. Fixed sights, very accurate and lighter than the others. It has Pachy wrap around grips on it. Everyone gets to shoot the crap out of this ne. It feeds most anything like crap through a goose. Wife has killed one boar javelina in the yard with it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. SHOOTER13

If ya think of selling any one of those PV...give me a holler !!

14. GsxrBots

GsxrBots New Member

Here's a couple of mine...

photo 2 (2).jpg

15. SHOOTER13

Nice pic GB !! ^^^

16. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa New Member

Nice pistolas GBots. The big Rugers can take the heavy handloads.

17. shaner

shaner Active Member

one ofthe funist pistols i ever owned, the fireballs while shooting this was fantastic at dusk, hahahahha kick myself for sellin it, ill pick one up again, soon

18. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa New Member

Actually, the blue target MKI is going to the show this weekend with some other odd pieces, knives,magazines, holsters and junk for dong some trading. Will be there all weekend if ya can make it to the show.:D

I know I will never use the blue target MKI cause I had one like it before and would not use it. Hate to wear the blue off. That's why I got the stainles ones. Blues get traded. Gonna see what turns up.

19. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa New Member

Here is a 6.5" .Ruger Single Six, .22 cal, adjustable sights, and 6 shots. Old one. . "Liberty" model and so marked on the barrel, 1976 manuf. Got it used at a gunshow from some dumb azz that lost the magnum cylinder that goes with it. He and a buddy were going to trade it for 2 beater Mosins. I managed to talk them out of it for 150. That was enough for them to get the rifles and 2 boxes of ammo. They were happy with that cause they had no $ for ammo.

I had to get a single six to replace at lease 1 of 2 that I sold back when I was forcefully retired. I had a stainless one and an early "flatgate" model that were both perfect. No way I can replace those. This one in only about 95%, but I will use it more often cause it isn't perfect.

[​IMG]

20. Teddybear

Teddybear New Member

Another one of my Old Model Ruger Blackhawk's in 357 magnum.

[​IMG]