Trigger work?

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by xd9gunner, Oct 21, 2012.

1. xd9gunner

xd9gunner New Member

Any one tried doing any trigger work on their xd, or tried out one of the replacement trigger set ups? curious.....

2. JimA

JimA New Member

I'm also interested. I've seen the PRP trigger kit installation video, and it looks pretty good.

3. dio2868

dio2868 New Member

My buddy did the PRP to his XDM, Put next to my XDM there is a world of difference! Next up for mine is a PRP ultimate match trigger kit!

4. xd9gunner

xd9gunner New Member

not an XD, but i have a friend (really, i do!) who put an APEX comp trigger kit in his M&P. It's amazing but he's thinking of taking it out and swapping it for the duty kit, it's so light as to be nervous making for IDPA style shooting

5. agalindo

agalindo New Member

I've done DIY (alter OEM parts, sear, trigger bar, striker), and PRP safety lever and installed Springer sear on different guns.

6. rsfrid

rsfrid New Member

Had Springer Precision do my XDm 5.25 and it's really a lot smoother and better shooting. Since I use it for IDPA, he didn't do all he could have (SS guide rod, etc.)

7. Dubbs

Dubbs New Member

Done my own PRP trigger. Big difference. Just pay close attention to what you are doing and you will be fine. I say close attention. Removed a pin punch to quick and lost the sear spring. Heard it rattle around a few times. Still M.I.A. lol

8. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to the XD Forum Dubbs !!

9. Winger

Winger New Member

Yep, went with the Powder River Drop in kit on my XDM Compact. Great Trigger Action! Oh, and had to go with the X Treme Rubber Grips, just sets the gun apart from the others!

10. Robb

Robb New Member

My xd 40 tactical trigger was done by Jeremy at Springfield Armory, incredible. If ur in Ohio during the National Matches at Camp Perry they will do them there, or in thier custom shop at the factory (you could send it in).

Robb

11. Grumpy_Git

Grumpy_Git New Member

Thanks for That!

I didn't even think about sending my XDm40 back to the factory for a trigger job. As I work out of country for several months a year, I won't be sitting at home staring at the calendar waiting on the return!!!

12. dacsoft

dacsoft New Member

I installed the Powder River Precision Ultimate kit without any issues at all. Really makes a difference.

13. swagbrdr

swagbrdr New Member

Hey folks,

Do these triggers you speak of work in an XDs as well? Where can I purchase these trigger upgrades?

14. 45xds

45xds New Member

xds .45 trigger sucks

I sent my XDS 45 off to Springfield for the recall it had a awesome trigger before I left. The trigger is horrible and gritty .what can I do to smooth it out

15. TALON

TALON New Member Supporter

I'd like a trigger job on my XDS too! I wish I could get the trigger pull as sweet as my 1911 pistols.

16. JimA

JimA New Member

Unfortunately Talon, there is nothing that compares to a good 1911 SA trigger. The XDs trigger can be made better than stock but will never be as short and crisp as your 1911's.

17. TALON

TALON New Member Supporter

I sadly agree. I called SA yesterday, and they can't help.

18. BigMau

BigMau New Member

I'm interested in the PRP or Springer trigger upgrade for my XD-9 Service pistol. I'd like a nice combat trigger... 4lbs and a crisp break:confused::confused:

Which one is a true "drop-in" set-up?? I really don't wanna send my pistol out for smithing.

19. alter1

alter1 Member

The PRP trigger kits are the best money I have spent for my XDs. I have done the drop-in and fitted kits and I can't tell the difference between them. They are both great, you will be pleased with either.

The PRP trigger is a factory option available direct from Springfield Armory. That should count for something.

PRP drop-in trigger kit Item #: PRP-057

I have no experience with the Springer kits.

20. BigMau

BigMau New Member

Just ordered a PRP "drop-in trigger" for my XD-9 Service. During my off time, I've been studying the youtube install video. Looks really easy. I was interested in Springer Percision..
    However, like I stated before I don't like sending guns off for work and like to do things myself. Anyone istall this trigger kit on a XD-9 Service???