Trouble finding a nylon holster that fits my XDM 3.8 in .45

Discussion in 'XD Accessories & Gear' started by jlfoshee, Dec 25, 2012.

1. jlfoshee

jlfoshee XDm 3.8 Sub-Compact .45

I just bought a new XDM 3.8 compact in .45ACP, and am looking for a nylon holster just for casual use. Uncle Mike's 'style' I guess. But after trying several, I'm having trouble finding one that will fit over the trigger guard. With the 3.8" model the muzzle fits only up to the trigger guard, leaving the gun very high in the holster. Most that I've tried don't even have a strap & thumb break long enough to snap... Much less hold it securely.

Has anyone else run into this? And does anyone have a suggestion, or know of a holster that accommodates the trigger guard?

It's also a problem finding a rig with a forward mag pocket large enough to accommodate the XDM's wide .45 mags.

Thanks. I'm new to the forum as well, but its been a real wealth of information!

2. quadrill

quadrill New Member

I just purchased a soft holster for my 45. 4" It's soft armor dont have the wed site as i purchaced it from a local dealer. Company phone # 1-800-346-4545, Ballistic nylon, Metal clip ambidexterious (IWB-OWB).

3. jayson

jayson New Member

I have the 3.8 compact in 9mm. its about 1/4 in shorter then yours and The only one I have found that I like is Akar.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TUCK-TUCKAB...482?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c5d168ee2

It does not have a mag pouch on it tho. I like it, VERY secure and comfortable. played catch/football with the kids, worked on cars, yard work and even wear it to work and never had a issue. its even "tuckable"

I have one for my .45 too lol For the price they are good quality.

IF you want I can post a pic of mine to see IF you like it?? just let me know

4. jlfoshee

Thanks for the help, guys. I've had a bear of a time finding a holster. Maybe because the .45 is a bit wider also. Dunno, but I'll give both a try.

Thanks again.

5. wmruss

wmruss New Member

I found it very easy to make my own,,,wasnt bad at all. If you are handy at all it can be quite a fun little project.Google is AWESOME

6. jlfoshee

Thanks, wmruss. Sorry it took me awhile to respond. Tech issues. I've thought about trying to perhaps make one. But honestly, the last time I tried to actually sew something... I ended up getting 'sewn' up myself. LOL Thanks again for the help!

7. threetango

threetango Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Did you ever find a holster to suit you ?

8. wmruss

wmruss New Member

Hey jlf,,,no worries,,and most local shoe repair places will sew for you. I enjoy making my own and I like em alot

9. 97thSignalman

97thSignalman New Member

Bianchi Accumold

I am a big fan of Bianchi Accumold holsters. I have ordered a snap-on that should fit my XD 45 service model (4" barrel). If it does, the XDM 3.8 should be good fit as well. I will have it next week and I will try to let you know. However, I am having a total knee replacement in two days so it may be a number of weeks before I can get down the stairs to my basement gun & fun room to check out the fit on this hoster,

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/32...ringfield-xd-9mm-luger-40-s-and-w-nylon-black

10. threetango

threetango Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Good luck with the replacement.

11. CallMaker

CallMaker Guest

Good luck with the knee surgery.

12. seank0218

seank0218 New Member

I use a N8squared tactical holster. It's not nylon but no bullshit it's so comfortable you will fall asleep with it on. Highly highly recommend them.

13. CallMaker

CallMaker Guest

Hi seank0218. Welcome to the forum. Might stop by the "Intro" thread and say hello.