Waz up in the land of JB?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by 911JB, Mar 11, 2013.

1. 911JB

911JB New Member

Rather than starting several different threads telling you what I have ben up to on the firearm and ammo situation, I thought I would just start this one and throw out everything at once. So this may be a bit hard to keep up with because I may be jumping around a bit.

As you all know I, for some reason have a problem with firearms following me home from work. Well like usual about 3-4 weeks ago this marlin 70P found its way into my family. It is a 22lr takedown. They have made several versions of this gun, but this one is a original run.

Then A few weeks ago I decided to help out this ammo shortage situation, even if it was just in my small sort of way. So I went up into the gun room and pulled out 1 of my 50cal ammo cans of 22lr and decided to sell it. This ammo was all dumped loose into the box so I sat there and counted it. Busting it up into 250 round bags. In the end I ended up with 6116 rounds of ammo. So rather than gouging everyone like most are doing I priced it at .07 a round. That makes each 250 round bag worth 17.50 . Well those little bags sold like hotcake's and I put a smile on some faces . That to me was worth more than the 420 bucks I made from that can of ammo.

Well, now the ammo is sold and I have to decide what to do with the cash. SOoooo, I decide that rather than blowing it on a night out on the town I would roll it over into another firearm.
    That is when this Savage 24B-DL walks into our shop and calls my name. It is a 22mag over 20 g shotgun. I have had several of these over the years but for some reason I think I will keep this one.

Knowing that this is worthless without pics I will post those below.

JB

Marlin 70P

[​IMG]

That is what 6116 rounds of 22lr looks like when it is dumped into a 50 cal ammo can.

[​IMG]

Savage 24B-DL

[​IMG]

2. 911JB

911JB New Member

After thinking for a minute, I cant remember if I posted pics of a couple others that have followed me home so far this year. So I will just post a couple pics of those in this thread also.

JB

Marlin 25MN stainless, ducks unlimited. 22mag

[​IMG]

Rem 552 speedmaster, 22lr.

[​IMG]

3. threetango

threetango Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Nice selection of weapons.

4. 911JB

911JB New Member

Thanks 3T. While I do have a decent sized selection of shotguns and centerfire rifles and handguns I am still a kid at heart and love the rimfires.

JB

5. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Hey JB...we all have been wondering about your whereabouts...glad to see you back !!

6. 911JB

911JB New Member

Howdy Shooter, good to see ya again.

JB

7. artbrownsr

artbrownsr New Member

Nice looking bdl and the rug looks good too as a backdrop!

8. 911JB

911JB New Member

Thanks Art. I cant wait to get it to the range. Actually I need to take the last 3 out and see how they shoot. Maybe later this week.

JB

9. evilspringer

evilspringer New Member

Very nice additions.
    And great what you did with your 22 ammo.

Last weekend working at the gun show, I was talking to a lady that was sooo happy to finally find some 22 to buy.
    I asked her how much she had paid. She told me $19.99. I told her that wasn't a great deal but in this times it was too bad.
    She was obviously a new gun owner and asked me what a good price was. I told her that before the school shooting in December, bulk 22 was running about 13 bucks for 500. She then told me that what she bought was 50 rounds for $19.99:eek:

10. 911JB

911JB New Member

Howdy springer. I was glad to be able to help fellow rimfire shooters, but thanks for the props man. Only bad thing is now the word got out around town and I have people stoping in and asking if I have any more. I could probably make a sticking if I wanted to take a ammo can a day to work. I still have 6 cans of 22 and made 420 off the last one. Plus I have a couple thousand rounds each of 9mm, 5.56 & 7.62x39 that I know people would love to get their paws on.

Here is one I ran across a couple days ago. I cant believe the prices people are giving for ammo.
    525 rounds of 22lr Rem golden bullet for $239.95. Insert pic of JB shaking his head.
    http://alamoammo.com/rifle-ammo/22-...plated-hp-525-rnds-m-id-22lr-upc-047700009100

JB

Edited to add a link. Check out the prices. 49 bucks for 100 rounds of mini mags. Winchester 525 for 239. http://alamoammo.com/rifle-ammo/22-long-rifle

Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
  11. RibEye

RibEye Steak Medium Rare

that JB i priceless - a smile AND making people happy is kick A$$ , oh did tell you picked up my xds finally?

Attached Files:

12. 911JB

911JB New Member

Howdy TinMan, good to see ya again. Glad to hear you finally got your hands on a XDs. Have you started a thread about it yet? If so point me to it if ya would. Thanks.

Also, yes it made me feel good to help out some shooters in a time when most people are racking them over the coals. I am just not that way I guess. I mean, if you look alamo ammo, remmington golden bullets, 525 rounds for 239.99 you wll see that is what they are charging right now. 239.95 for 525 rounds of bult ammo , that is CRAZY!!!!!

JB

13. chuckusaret

chuckusaret Member

I too have an excess of some ammo for a couple of calibers but I will not not sell it, this bump in the road may get bigger.

14. 911JB

911JB New Member

To each their own Chuck.

I figured it out and I have what I feel is enough to last me a very long time. If the ammo situation does not straighten out we all will slow our shooting rate. At that point I would guess that I would be firing about 100 rounds of any 1 given cal in a month [ 22lr, 22wmr, 9mm, 40 s&w, 223/5.56 & a combo of 12g & 20g.] So because we are talking just 22lr I will use that. If I fire 100 rounds of 22 a month, x 12 months is 1200 rounds a year. Divide that by 36,000 rounds [thats what I have in stock] and I have enough for 30 years. I am 50 now and I don't see myself making it much past 70[family history says I wont ], so that is 20 years of life left in me and a 30 year stock of 22lr. So if I never buy another round [but I know I will buy more once this ammo scare calms down and it will calm down] of 22 I should have more than enough 22 to last me the rest of my life.