Weapon light

Discussion in 'XD Accessories & Gear' started by XdmGreek, Oct 17, 2012.

1. XdmGreek

XdmGreek OPPA

I'm in the market for a light for my XDm .45 with the 4.5" barrel. I'm leaning towards the Streamlight TLR1S Weapon Light w/Strobe.
    Does anyone have any experience with this light or any other recommendations? Thanks

2. Richey

Richey USMC - Nor*Cal

I love Streamlight, and the TLR series are favorites of many. The strobe tends to tweak sometimes for me but other than that it works great.

´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶……..
    ´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶´´´´´´´´´´¶¶……
    ´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶´´´´´´´¶¶´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶……….
    ´´´´´¶´´´´´¶´´´´¶¶´´´´´¶¶´´´´¶¶´´´´´¶¶…………..
    ´´´´´¶´´´´´¶´´´¶¶´´´´´´¶¶´´´´¶¶´´´´´´´¶¶…..
    ´´´´´¶´´´´¶´´¶¶´´´´´´´´¶¶´´´´¶¶´´´´´´´´¶¶…..
    ´´´´´´¶´´´¶´´´¶´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶….
    ´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶….
    ´´´¶´´´´´´´´´´´´¶´¶¶´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶´´´´´¶¶….
    ´´¶¶´´´´´´´´´´´´¶´´¶¶´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶´´´´´¶¶….
    ´¶¶´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´´¶¶´´´´´´´´¶¶´´´´´´´¶¶…
    ´¶´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´´´´´´´¶¶….
    ´¶¶´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶…..
    ´´¶´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶….
    ´´¶¶´´´´´´´´´´´¶´´¶¶´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶….
    ´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´´´¶¶´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶…..
    ´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶…….

3. dondavis3

dondavis3 XD .45 Tactical

While I don't like lights on my guns ...

I have experience with the Streamlight's.

They are very high quality.

:cool:

4. GsxrBots

GsxrBots New Member

Love mine. You won't be dissatisfied!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. TALON

TALON New Member Supporter

I'm running a Insite, and love it!! :D

[​IMG]

6. Woody

Woody New Member

I guess I just prefer my iNova flashlight as apposed to having a lite attached to my weapon. But that's JMHO

7. Themike13

Themike13 New Member

I had to try the AIM SPORTS light for my XDsc... the price was too good to pass up.
    I must say, it is a great light. It fits perfect on the XD SubCompacts.

8. Teddybear

Teddybear New Member

I'm with you don, but I might have to look into this Aim Sports light. Doesnt look like too bad a light for the price. Hhhhhhhmmmmmm.

9. mikef

mikef New Member

I have the TRL1S and honestly it is a great light but the strobe is hard to use and under stress would be very difficult at best.

10. mikef

mikef New Member

I have the Insight M^laser/light combo and it works great with my XD 45.

11. TheFuzz

TheFuzz Twinkie, Twinkie, Cupcake

I run the TLR-1s on my 1911 at work, and while I agree that the strobe function is a little goofy on a pistol mounted light, the light itself is fantastic. I will eventually plunk down the cash on an X300, but for $98 shipped from opticsplanet, I certainly don't feel "outgunned" so to speak running the TLR. Great light.

[​IMG]

12. KenW

KenW New Member

I understand there is a study that claims the strobe is not as disorienting as some believe.

I have two Insights; an X-2 for my subcompact, and an M-3 for the bigger guns.

13. GNXtreme

GNXtreme New Member

I got a light from Walmart of all places the other day just as an impulse buy. It looks decent and works pretty darn good too. I'll post a pic later, can't do it from my phone...

14. chuckusaret

chuckusaret Member

I much prefer that the light not be attached. In a night time HD encounter I would hold the light out to my side at arms length so the light would be the target and not my gun and me. Just a few inches separation could be a lifesaver.

15. bobbo

bobbo New Member

Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
  16. jayson

jayson New Member

I dont like lights on my HAND gun either. NOT that I dont like the idea, I just dont care for the look/bulk on a hand gun. In a true dark/night HD situation I would prefer a shotgun and my .45 on my hip. I do keep a flashlight as handy as a gun at night but I dont really need it. I have GREAT night vision.:D very lucky there !!

I also like to be able to point the light at something without pointing a gun in that direction.

17. dio2868

dio2868 New Member

I run the TLR-1s on a XDM 5.25 in .45 and a X2L on my XD service in .40 both function great!

18. Winger

Winger New Member

Okay boys, "Santa wife" is getting ready to deliver; I need some suggestion for a laser on my XDM compact. Oh, and I'm open to Red or Green.

Thanks for any help

19. SeventiesWreckers

SeventiesWreckers Load Bearing Wall

Don't have the XDM compact, but here's a couple of pics of the Viridian C5L, mounted on my XDM 4.5 .45 ACP. You'd have to be the judge of how far it would extend forward of the trigger on yours. It's a good little unit, 100 Lumen light, and a nice green laser that stays zeroed pretty well, dual control buttons that are easy to use for all the functions. I don't have it mounted up now, using the XDM for daily carry & don't need the light on it for that.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Winger

Winger New Member

Thank you sir... Sounds like a good quality setup. I will keep this one in the mix.

Much appreciated!