What do you carry the most?

Discussion in 'Conceal & Open Carry' started by glock26USMC, Dec 19, 2012.

1. .380

6.5%
  2. 9mm

26.1%
  3. 40 S&W

26.1%
  4. 45 ACP

39.1%
  5. 10mm

2.2%
  6. .45 GAP

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. glock26USMC

glock26USMC New Member Supporter

Started a poll, just to see what everyone carries on them day to day(caliber)?

Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Well, just you and me Marine...two 45's !!

3. glock26USMC

glock26USMC New Member Supporter

Go big, or go home :D

4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Amen...

Big & Slow is the way to go...!! ;)

5. reload556

reload556 Junior Member

i switch between a 1911 in 45 acp or my xd in 40sw

6. chuckusaret

chuckusaret Member

I like my XD40 sub compact with a god awful high capacity mag.:D

7. SeventiesWreckers

SeventiesWreckers Load Bearing Wall

Another XDM .45ACP here. Those big holes make my groups look better. I'm just not good enough to make the holes touch with a 9mm.

8. 911JB

911JB New Member

I'm with you chuck. 40 S&W is plenty. Plus I like the capacity of the 40. I was a 45 guy for a while but then I realized that size doesn't matter :D. Bigger isnt always better!

JB

9. JimA

JimA New Member

I have to answer this a little differently. I typically carry a .45 of some kind(XDs,XDm or 1911) but sometimes when I dress lighter a PM9 is on my belt. That being said, no matter what is on my hip, there is a P380 in my pocket.
    It's not primary but it's always there...

10. threetango

threetango Moderator Staff Member Moderator

11. jayson

jayson New Member

XDM 3.8 in 9mm most of the time.

XDM 4.5 in.45acp sometimes.

I voted 9mm cuz its on me most of the time. its small and easy to hide on my skinny ass lol plus being a small guy people think I have a small man complex carrying such a big gun when I have the .45

I was told by my instructor that in Ohio we are only allowed 1 gun or I would carry a "backup" not sure if laws have changed. need to look into it I guess.

I feel the bullet caliber size dont matter as much as the bullet placement.:D

12. wmruss

wmruss New Member

XD9 sub,,,with hornady critical defense,,,,and his little friend

13. steve76

steve76 New Member

I usually carry my G-27. Have a CCW and it conceals very well. I have many handguns of all calibers and due to lots of range practice and also training from professional courses in defensive handgun. the .40 s/w is the best caliber and most comfortable to shoot for me. When I do need to carry deep concealed, I go with a Keltec PF-9 or P-32 depending on type of clothing. Also carry a spare mag. whenever I do carry.

14. artbrownsr

artbrownsr New Member

I don't carry yet, working on an XD in .45, as my son in law has one in 9mm.
    Jayson, "I was told by my instructor that in Ohio we are only allowed 1 gun or I would carry a "backup" not sure if laws have changed. need to look into it I guess.

I feel the bullet caliber size dont matter as much as the bullet placement."
    Call me naive but I have not heard of a limit to number allowed to carry if law allows carry.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
  15. steve76

steve76 New Member

Placement is very important as is type of ammo you use. I personally think that what ever you can do best with is the number one factor. My 1st preference is .40 s/w because it is about the maximum size I can shoot with along with consistant placement. At most times, I also carry a backup .32 keltec and extra mag. for my G-27.

16. Colt45

Colt45 New Member

I like my XD's but a 1911 officer's model packs so much better (iwb) and a Kel-Tec P-11 9mm for the god awful HOT Virginia summers.

17. jayson

jayson New Member

Ya it has NOT really been tested but its all in how you interpret the law... its written as A handgun.

" license to carry a concealed handgun "

" Not allowed any other deadly weapon(s) "

The NO (S) on handgun but one on deadly weapon (S) was enough to make my instructor and the local sheriff interpret it as only one handgun.

I think its kind of odd... You "trust" me with A gun but not a big knife or 2 guns lol

18. Robb

Robb New Member

40xd on duty,,,Kimber 45 off duty

19. artbrownsr

artbrownsr New Member

Thank God again I live in Alaska, CONSTITUTIONAL carry does not limit number of weapons !:D

20. 911JB

911JB New Member

Here in Iowa we don't have constitional carry Art. However our permit is worded as a permit to carry dangerous weapons. It covers any type or any number weapon you wish to carry. I can walk down the street with my M-4 slung over my back, loaded and ready to rock, and have as many knifes or pistols on me as I would like. There are many times I leave home with my XDsc40 on my hip 2 extra mags on the other side, a Bond 45/410 in a back pocket, a colt 1903 on my ankle and a NAA mini revolver in a front pocket. Overkill, yes probably, but I feel a right not used can become a right lost.
    Open carry is frowned on around here because they don't want to scare the sheep, but I open carry often. I feel that I am playing the ice breaker roll. If the sheep see a person with a pistol on his hip in public from time to time, they just might get use to it and in the future the fear factor may subside. Just my opinion.

JB