What gun do you regret selling?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Terry, Oct 17, 2012.

1. Terry

Terry Junior Member

Mine was a FOX 12 ga. SxS. I was fresh out of college 1971. My dad had bought the shotgun for me when i was 14 years old. I wanted to get some parts for my 1957 chevy. I sold it for 150.00. After it was to late. I found out it was NOT a fox savage shotgun. It was a true FOX shotgun. Today it would be worth mega bucks. :( Young and stupid but that is not what my dad called me when he found out.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2012
  2. opaww

opaww Banned

All of the one I have sold over the years

3. shaner

shaner Active Member

bout 99% myself, cant even start nameing them,

4. dondavis3

dondavis3 XD .45 Tactical

I can relate to "young & stupid"

I did the same thing with many guns - need the money to do ??? something ???

Did the same thing with 7 different corvettes .. young & dumb - ha

Bad bad decisions. :eek:

AAAHHH but life was & is fun :D

:cool:

5. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member

I gave my Ruger Mark 1 to my dad not to long ago. He really wanted it and kept pressing me so I gave in and just gave it to him.

Now I want it back. I liked it a lot, but he did too and offered me a deal on an old 1911 he's supposed to be buying from a friend of his.

6. shaner

shaner Active Member

can anyone tell me when young and stupid becomes old and stupid??? hahahhaahaahh

7. Teddybear

Teddybear New Member

8. Terry

Terry Junior Member

9. rsfrid

rsfrid New Member

Colt Woodsman and a Remington 700 ADL.

10. Shooter

Seems like we all are full of regrets when it comes to our firearms sales!

11. havasu

havasu Administrator

I only sold one gun, and it was only because the fellow officer wanted to buy it back from me. it was a .44 cal Ruger Super Blackhawk. That gun was impressive!

Attached Files:

12. TALON

TALON New Member Supporter

H&K 91 back in 1980! :(

Last edited: Oct 19, 2012
  13. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa New Member

Well, I trade at the gunshows alot. So, it's not just a matter of stupidity. It's a stupid habit I have had for @ 36 years. Some of the ones I really regret are here. Others are just part of he game.:D

Stainless Ruger BlkHK .357

Norinco AK-47, underfolder in .223 cal

1876 Colt Single Action Army .45

Semi Auto Tommy Gun

H&K 91 .308

After loosing my job in 05.

Smith & Wessons- Models-10, 15, 17, 19, 36, 37, 28 revolvers and autos an oridinal 59 and a Target Master Mod 52 in .38 spl. Hollow Base wadcutter only.(that 52 really hurt, but I got what it was worth)

14. Coyotenator

Coyotenator New Member

Colt Python.I regretted it almost immediately and more since the prices have sky rocketed.

15. JohnnyB

JohnnyB New Member

I didn't sell them but my ex wife sold 8 Ruger #1s in various calibers from 357 mag - 458 Winchester Mag. I had some really rare ones. These I bought while in the Marines at Camp Lejune back in 1972. They were $200.00 each at the PX.

Me, I sold a 444 Marlin when my oldest daughter was born. She decided to make an appearance 3 months early and I needed money.

16. Jeff56

Jeff56 New Member

The only firearm I regret selling in my life was a Norinco TT-33 which is a knock off of a Tokarev of course. I had bought a Sig and was carrying it all the time instead of my 33 (which I carried in the car for years - CCW was a pipe dream in those days). I couldn't find ammo for it. I hadn't seen any in over a year. I had some stockpiled but not enough so I sold it and then of course ammo started popping up everywhere. I really liked that gun too. Too bad someone doesn't develop a JHP for it but I guess there just aren't enough of them to make it worthwhile.

17. Shooter

I love the gun. I very much like the .44.

18. yogiboobooranger

yogiboobooranger New Member

I have sold or traded many guns that I wish I still had, for one reason or another but..the gun I once had and sold that hurt the most was my Ruger Blackhawk three screw .41 mag. It had not been converted, was absolutely mint, had the 4 5/8 inch barrel and was my very first Ruger Blackhawk. I have since gotten another 3 screw, same model gun but it has been converted..not by me but by previous owner. Just ain't the same as the original but will keep this one for sure.