Who Will Fire on Americans

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by threetango, Feb 1, 2013.

1. chuckusaret

chuckusaret Member

As we all know there has been much talk on the many gun forums and the internet about the possibility of the use of the military force against American citizens. It is quite evident that the president has positioned his administration to do just that if necessary under the NDAA and the the possible approval of the International Arms Treaty. The president has used deadly force against an American citizen without a trial. Will our LEO's and military troops fire on and/ or willfully violate the rights of American citizens? IMO, Yes. There are many past cases where they have done so, i.e. New Orleans, Waco, Ruby Ridge, Kent State and others.

We will continue to see Obama's administration systematically attack our rights under the Bill of Rights. The new saying in Washington is "The Constitution and the Bill of Rights are outdated" and require change.

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Thanks for the link 3T...I too believe that the military and LE will fire upon Americans at first...

but as the body count multiples and civil unrest grows, they will not be able to contain the masses

and when their own neighborhoods come under fire, they will not show for work and will instead go to protect what

is theirs...!!

3. chuckusaret

chuckusaret Member

I am a life member of the American Legion, Veterans of Foreign Wars and a few other Veterans organizations where the members have spoke of this on a daily basis. Bottom line; the majority have prepared for the possibility of an attempt by the local PD and federal troops and are well prepared to defend their rights. Will they actually do it? Yes, I am quite sure many will.

I also found that most veterans and veteran groups are against equipping the local PD's as combat troops, it sends the wrong impression as to their intended duties. The question is; Who are they preparing to defend/attack. The provisioning of tactical equipment started with the special operations teams, SWAT, and has very quickly become the standard, at a very high cost to the taxpayers, for the local departments and IMO very hard to justify the added expense. Yes, my local department does have those "Personal Defense Weapons" that have been recently ordered by Homeland Security.

Based on past actions during and after natural disasters and no knock / no search warrant home invasions by the SWAT it appears it is the everyday law abiding citizen.

We are in for some very near future civil unrest IMO.

4. Balota

Balota Sometimes lucky! Supporter

I don't know whether Obama or any other President is crazy enough to start a war in America against American citizens. I hope that never comes to pass. But I wonder whether it is militarily feasible anyway. How many soldiers are in the US military? How many armed citizens? I think the numbers are pretty strongly against the US military. Yes they have trained for years to fight against numerical odds. But I think the numbers are pretty severely against.

1.4 million active, about 0.8 million reserve. They won't be able to mobilize all 1.4 million against Americans. Most of those reserve soldiers ARE US! US citizens with recent or current military training, and they're already here. But those reserve soldiers are in the minority. Something like 50 million Americans own 250 million guns. (The numbers on these two stats are putty in the hands of politically motivated people on both sides, these are middle of the road among the reported values.) 50:1 against? OK, so a lot of those 50 million are not trained soldiers. But as the saying goes, quantity has its own quality.

Just my opinion.

5. chuckusaret

chuckusaret Member

Balota, how many Americans do you know that would stand up to a Bradley Tank or a AH 1G Cobra helicopter armed with twin 20MM Gatling guns. The military has many types of armored vehicles and would be hard for a street fighter to take one out with small arms fire. The best defense is to not allow the president to continue on his agenda of "Change" or "Forward". I am positive that there are groups presently being formed and preparing to demonstrate and/or take action against this proven wanna be tyrant.

6. Balota

Balota Sometimes lucky! Supporter

I don't think any law abiding gun owners are stupid enough to go after a tank or an attack chopper with a 9mm pistol. But I do think that Americans can work their way through problems like that. The British Army was the most powerful force in the world at the time. We won. The chopper and the tank can't run forever. Eventually the soft tissue occupants have to climb out. When they do, life becomes unpleasant.

But I agree that the best defense is to not allow a tyrant like Obama to disarm us.