Why is XDs banned in California?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by XMP, Dec 13, 2012.

1. XMP

XMP New Member

I picked up my XDS this morning from Academy here in Houston. I noticed on the case it say's "Banned in California" I hope this isn't beating a dead horse, I just thought that it was kinda strange?

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2012
  2. threetango

threetango Moderator Staff Member Moderator

California has some weird requirements and I believe the magazine disconnect disqualified the XD-S.

3. XMP

XMP New Member

Thank God I live in Texas!

4. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member

I can think if other great reasons, but yes this is one of them.

Great state to be in.

5. warbird1

warbird1 New Member

And I love living in Alabama. None of that silliness!

6. chuckusaret

chuckusaret Member

Yesterday I spent close to an hour looking for a picture, to no avail, that was taken on the border of Crazyfornia and Mexico showing illegals crossing back into Mexico. The caption read "No Work In California" I also read where 254 businesses moved out of the state in the last year with more contemplating a move before the new tax laws take effect. Many went to surrounding states. Is Telsa Motors next? They just announced opening a facility in Europe.

7. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

I'm not sure why exactly.

I know you can have gen 1, 2, and 3 Glocks in Cali, but not Gen 4 because the Gen 4 has not been through the california 'drop test' yet.

I've also heard of some type of work around to get the Gen 4 in California, but I don't recall what the hoops were you had to jump through.