Xd-s 45

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by shooter55, Nov 11, 2012.

1. mine is Flawless

24 vote(s)
    72.7%
  2. I am having problems

8 vote(s)
    24.2%
  3. sent back to spring field and fixed

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  4. got rid of it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. shooter55

shooter55 New Member

Lets hear the good news and bad news on little 45's.

Has yours been flawless or are you having or had problems?

OH don't forget to mention the problems your having or brag about how great it is! HA!HA!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2012
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to the XD Forum shooter55 !!

Which Springfield XD do you own....?!

3. shooter55

shooter55 New Member

I own a few but I'm asking about the new springfield XD_S 45.

I own two of those and a few springer xd's xdm's and 1911's.

But the new XD_S 45 is what my thread is about.

4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Did you experience some kind of problem with your XDs that prompted this poll....?!

5. shooter55

shooter55 New Member

No I have two of them and they have both been flawless for a few thousand rds so far.
    I never had a failure with either but something did go wrong with a striker assembly, It got stuck in the fired postion and I could not get it out of the gun, I had to tap it out with a plastic punch.
    I tried the striker from the other gun and it was fine so springfield has another striker assembly on it's way. But gun never failed.

I have heard a lot of neg reports on these guns so thats the reason for the poll just want to know how these little guns are doing.

I like it I think they great little guns.

6. threetango

threetango Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Finally got a chance to shoot mine and put about 30 rds thru it with no problems. It also carries concealed very well.

7. jim65809

jim65809 New Member

I have not had any problems with my bi-tone XDS. It likes factory ammo and my reloads. I did buy 2 of the 7 rounds magazines for the extra gripping length. Got about 100 rounds thru it now and carry it some in a Theiss IWB horsehide holster. It is a comfortable set up for me.

8. threetango

I haven't seen a lot of posts about problems with the XDS ad if you have fired a few thousand rds your hand must be in need of icing down. :confused:

9. Mans05

Mans05 New Member

7 rd problem

Hey everyone,

Anyone know why I might be having problems chambering 45 rounds in a brand new XDS? It's happening on the 7 rd mag only. The 5 rounders are ok so far. I'm using Winchester full metal jackets. It's happening when I go to rack that first round in every time..... And yes I tried different rounds in the box. Help anyone?????

10. shooter55

shooter55 New Member

No I don't think the recoil is bad at all I've really have not had any discomfort.
    I put 2 or 300 rds a range trip with no problem as far as the hand pain or anything.

Maybe some others could comment on that subject.

11. shooter55

shooter55 New Member

Place the mag in with the slide back and use the slide stop to rack the first round and see how that works. That is what springfield recommends.
    let us know if that works.

12. warbird1

warbird1 New Member

Mine is flawless. Love it!!!

13. threetango

Welcome warbird1, nice weapons aren't they !

14. warbird1

warbird1 New Member

Thank you. Yes they are. The XDS is a keeper. Did have an XD 40 Tactical. Traded it. I'm sure the XDS will soon have a companion XD. Looking for the right one.

15. Mans05

Mans05 New Member

Ok so no one out there has ever heard of the problem in having with the 7 rd mag that I'm having??

16. Mans05

Mans05 New Member

I have out the mag in with the slide racke back an pressed the slide release button on the side. That was the first jam. After I cleared that round, I thought I would cycle the remaining six ( I didn't shoot, just manually ejected each round by pulling the slide to the rear) and at least every other one Jammed or the brass on the edge I the round would catch on different parts of the chamber. Any other ideas?

17. shooter55

shooter55 New Member

How many rds have you shot thru it?
    I know one other guy I met and he lubed the gun with oil not grease really heavy and the problem went away after a couple hundred rds.

However he still keeps it oiled alot all the time.
    I keep mine pretty wet also and have never had a problem.
    Take the mags apart and clean them I clean mine after ever range trip if I shoot more then 100 rds. It only takes a minute.
    good luke.
    I think these are good guns don't give up on it.
    Have you called springfield yet? If not try that to.

It's a pretty small gun with a short cycle and regardless of what a lot of people think it needs a little different treatment.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
  18. shaner

shaner Active Member

dont own one yet but my buddy has one and it has been flawless for over 600 rounds

19. Maverick1955

Maverick1955 New Member

if those are factory loads that are jamming, try taper crimping them, that should take of it

20. threetango