XD Tactical

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by warbird1, Dec 17, 2012.

1. warbird1

warbird1 New Member

My LGS has a used XD Tactical for $479 in near new condition. I've been going back and forth on getting it. Anyone have strong opinions either way on the Tactical?

2. rrent

rrent New Member

My 9mm XD tactical shoots great - bought it because it is green (hey everyone needs a green handgun in their gun collection, and an AK, nice bolt action, shotgun, and...). I get it out to the range every so often - always pleased with it. Would not want to conceal carry it, but I have others more appropriate for such.

I give it two thumbs up as an accurate range/target/varmit/plinking (if the ammo doesn't get much more expensive) gun...

3. Colt45

Colt45 New Member

Warbird1, I'll let you know as I just picked a used 45 Tac with thumb safety a couple of hours ago. The thickness isn't much diffrent than my Xdm 4.5 9mm WOW! Now if they would only make one in 10mm.........:rolleyes:

4. artbrownsr

artbrownsr New Member

What is the weakest link in a used XD? If I'm at a show or pawn shop and come across one what should I be the most aware of besides the normal looking over general maint. of actions etc.?

5. phatspeed7x

phatspeed7x New Member

I have a XD9 tactical, and it's been a great shooter! It's the gun I shot for my carry permit, and I've let my friend and father also shoot the same gun for their training.

Used XD pistols are rare in my neck of the woods. I purchased my first XD used for $400 (a XD45C with alot of holster wear on the slide, but still functions great!). My carry XD9 sub compact is in near new condition, and I scored that one for only $250 after using up a $100 store credit I had. It's a wonderful carry gun!

I would say that is a good price on a tactical model. Here is a pic of my Tactical and my sub compact...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
  6. chuckusaret

chuckusaret Member

I have the same two XD's, I use the SC as my EDC and recently purchased the 5" for range duty.....both are .40 cal. and both have been flawless.

7. warbird1

warbird1 New Member

The .40 cal is what I am looking at. How many rds do you have through yours?

8. JohnnyB

JohnnyB New Member

Love my Tactical 9mm. Can't say anything bad about it.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 25, 2012
  9. Robb

Robb New Member

xd 40 tactical model here, lots n lots of rounds through it. replaced parts: recoil springs which are 18lb 1911 recoil springs. It has been a great pistol and I still use it for action shooting when we are not experiencing blizzards!!! Kinda the only downfall is holster selection. If you want a holster that covers the entire barrel you have limited selection. I had one made through Yankee (leather thumbsnap) and it is great!

my 2 cents.
    Robb

10. warbird1

warbird1 New Member

That's a great look!

11. warbird1

warbird1 New Member

Excellent info. That is what I was looking for.

12. SurlyBob

SurlyBob New Member

I have an XD Tactical .45 and it is a tack driver. Of all my .45 ACP pistols (Glock 30, Taurus Pt-1911, XD-S) - my tactical is the most accurate in my hands. I don't think you can go wrong as long as the pistol is in decent condition. They are easy enough to break down and inspect.