Xdm 4.5 (45)

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by Kano, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Kano

Kano Junior Member

I have a stock XDM 4.5 (45) that I am very happy with and a little surprised
    with the groups I get with it at 25 yards.
    Most of my range time will be at 25 yards so I like pistols that if I do my job will print some nice groups.
    I reload 45's and the XDM's eat them like candy.
    I had a 5.25 XDM 45 and the 4.5 is just as accurate so I sold it and got a compact 45 XDM which is also a joy to shoot.
    Only have #1,730 rounds down range
    1,730 rounds 0 stoppages 0 parts breakages just over 11 months

Ammo used
    WWB
    Hornady TAP 45ACP 230gr
    Nosler 185 grain 4.4 Clays ( My reloads)

All shooting done indoors at 25 yards Hand Held Slow fire.
    Only posting my good Targets :D

This is the best 5 round group so far 1.32"
    Anyone who thinks polymer pistols are not accurate should try a XDM 45 with good ammo ;)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Kano

Kano Junior Member

A 6 round group I did a few Months ago
    [​IMG]

3. shaner

shaner Active Member

looks like u got it workin for ya

4. Kano

Kano Junior Member

I wish I did groups like that all the time but I have my days where I just stink :D

5. threetango

threetango Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Nothing wrong with those groups.
    XDm is working right.

6. Colt45

Colt45 New Member

Nice shooting.:D

7. Kano

Kano Junior Member

Thanks for the nice words !!!!

8. Balota

Balota Sometimes lucky! Supporter

Dang, wish I could get groups like that at 10 yards!

9. Kano

Kano Junior Member

Thanks Bro !!!
    I only wish I did groups like this all the time...

10. Gonsilla

Gonsilla New Member

5.25 vs 4.5

I was wondering if you would mind explaining why you went w 4.5 over the 5.25? I have the 4.5" in 9mm and w love the sights on new 5.25 - SPR told me they could install Dawson Percision but w not machine them into slide like their 5.25".

The only thing I don't like is the hole in the slide to make it weigh the same as the 4.5" slide. Was the trigger any better ?

11. Balota

Balota Sometimes lucky! Supporter

I got an XDm Competition Series 45ACP. Trigger feels pretty much just like my XDm 9mm Compact.

12. Gonsilla

Gonsilla New Member

Rob Letham was supposed to "improve the design" - human nature being what it is, he thinks/believes he did a good job. Of course, reality is another story...;)

The 1911 is the most successful pistol design in history w 5" barrel. Anyone know why SPR went w 4.5".

13. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to the XD Forum Gonsilla !

Which XD model do you own...?!

14. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

15. Gonsilla

Gonsilla New Member

Yes - CC is very popular & compact, sub compacts n micros are selling well but the XDM was designed as a full size service pistol. Increased sight radius is a good thing for accuracy. I am baffled by the 4.5" size.

They took corrective action w the 5.25" but that doesn't help those of us who bought the 4.5" XDM. For $160, I could do it half-ass w Dawson Percision but not machined into slide. No idea what it cost to outsource?

16. Kano

Kano Junior Member

The trigger is the same.
    The 4.5 XDM I did the range report on must be one of there better ones as far as accuracy goes.
    Springfield Armory's specs are 3 ½ inch groups at 25 yards for the 4.5's.
    The one I have will do much better than that with good ammo.
    I found the 5.25 to be an excellent shooting gun but no more accurate than the (4.5) so I replaced it with a 3.8 XDM 45.

17. Gonsilla

Gonsilla New Member

1001 thanks for the input. Always nice when you get a good one :)

I was right on the line of sending mine back but if they shoot it from rested position and get 3.5" - you get charged for all the S&H.

Amazing but after 500 rounds, mine suddenly started shooting well. I normally shoot at 25' & 50' - I use 8" paper plates - cheap tgts and you can follow the group at 25' but my eyes can't do it at 50'.

Same ammo - and SPR tech said their exp favored 124 gr loads. Of course, I found this out AFTER I bought 1,000 rds of 115 gr fodder. Thankfully, she has learned to like them. :p.

18. Kano

Kano Junior Member

No problem I am happy if my posting helps you in any way !!!!
    I use to drive myself nuts in what guns to get and which one groups better and so on.
    I like the XD's & XDM's they are accurate and reliable pistols I use to carry semi custom 1911's and now love polymers.
    You cannot go wrong with most of the better polymers being made by the trusted Companies.