XDs 9mm

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by jumm, Dec 17, 2012.

1. jumm

jumm New Member

Any info when this is coming out? Thanks, Jumm

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to the XD Forum jumm !!

...I have no idea !!

Anyone else here know ?

3. warbird1

warbird1 New Member

I read that they are working on the 9 and the 40. It did not have a date when.

4. Remo702

Remo702 New Member

Where did you read this? I would be so interested in a XDs 40!!

5. warbird1

warbird1 New Member

Next to last paragraph in the American Rifleman article makes reference to it stating "that Springfield already has plans to produce the pistol in "other popular calibers" in the future, according to Williams." Dave Williams is head of Springfield's custom shop in Geneseo, Ill. (Now I did read into the article as 9mm and 40 S&W are the other most popular calibers.). In due time they are coming. They have already completed the hardest work with the .45acp.

6. threetango

threetango Moderator Staff Member Moderator

From the AR article.

There’s no question that the XD-S is special because of its chambering, but those who find its other attributes enough to recommend it will be pleased to know that Springfield already has plans to produce the pistol in “other popular calibers” in the future, according to Williams.

7. blondiepa

blondiepa Junior Member

I've emailed Springfield a few times and there standard response is 2-4 months. I've been waiting for a XDS 9 mm also. I want it for my carry gun. I have a 9mm XD SC now, looking forward to a lighter & smaller carry gun.

8. blondiepa

blondiepa Junior Member

The t-shirt is available so hopefully soon.

9. RJB

RJB New Member

need to start saving my pennies now :D

10. RibEye

RibEye Steak Medium Rare

oh ... no .. should i refrain till then ?? noooooo!!!!

11. tnroadrunner

tnroadrunner New Member

I couldn't wait any longer for the XDs in 9 to come out, so I got a Sig P938 shoots great.

12. yogiboobooranger

yogiboobooranger New Member

+1 on the Sig 938! I have the Sig P238, the 938's little brother. Love the 1911 similarities. Fine little gun in my opinion.

13. sgosnell

sgosnell Lurker

I am the proud owner of an XD-S (45 cal). If you also have one, then take a look on the backside of the holster paddle. It reads "XDS-PH1" which I assume is the part number to the paddle holder... and just under that ".45Acp .40 9mm." Since neither my 40 or 9mm XD pistols fit the holster, I assume that this holster was designed to fit a 40 cal or 9mm XD-S. Perhaps this is the additional evidence that you are looking for pointing to the eventual sale of an XD-S in 9mm. But patience is warranted.

sic semper tyrannis

14. threetango

Welcome sgosnell.

Pretty good chance on that. It was mentioned by one of the Springer guys in an article but when is the question.

15. noj

noj Junior Member

From what I understand the XDS 9mm should be released this week at the SHOT show, can't say where I heard it from but the source is reliable....

16. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to the XD Firearms Forum sgosnell !!

...congrats on the new XDs !

17. threetango

Even if they release the XDS 9mm at the SHOT show I would be willing to bet it will 5-6 months before they are available to buy, like it was with the XDS 45 from Springfield.

18. noj

noj Junior Member

I bet you're right, which makes me sad :(

I'd really like to get it in a .40, hopefully the .40 and 9mm will release at same time.

19. thepunk88

thepunk88 Premium Member

XDs 9mm range vid at shot show

[ame]http://youtu.be/5rqsK78EzkY[/ame]